Chapter 20: My Favorite Song (Lysander's Ending)

"....Lysander."

This was my decision. I didn't care whether or not Lysander was 'off-limits'; I loved him. And I wanted to be with him.

"...No. I WON'T allow it! He-"

"I don't care. This is MY life and MY decision. If I want to be with Lysander, then so be it."

"But Julia, what about all the things he's done to you?"

"I hate to say it, but I'm gonna have to agree with Golden Boy on this one. He's dangerous, Slim."

"No he isn't. He only did those things because he wanted my attention. He's lonely."

"That's no excuse!"

"And even when he WAS doing those things, it's not like he was hurting me!"

"May I remind you of that BRUISE he gave you!"

"And that time he almost "punished" you!"

"That bruise was an accident, and that "punishment" never happened!"

"Only because I saved you!"

They stopped and stared at each other for a moment.

*Oh yeah...that's right. Both Castiel and Nathaniel thought he was the one who saved me...*

But the fact was, they both did. Nathaniel stalled Lysander so that I could escape him, and then I ran to Castiel's house, and Castiel chased Lysander away...

"YOU saved her?!"

"YOU did?!"

I could tell that this wasn't going to end well...

"BOTH of you did."

They stared at me.

"...It's a long story...Anyway, that doesn't matter now."

I walked over to Lysander and tightly wrapped my arms around him, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I love you, Lysander. It took me a long time to realize it, but...I love you."

It only took him a second to respond, putting his arms around my waist and pulling me closer.

"You have no idea how happy that makes me...I love you too..."

"This...this can't be happening..."

"No..."

I let go of Lysander and looked at him.

"Hey...let's get out of here..."

I looked at Castiel and Nathaniel.

"...before these two get out of control..."

I looked at Lysander again, and he smiled at me.

"Good idea."

I smiled back at him.

We turned to go back to my apartment. After a few steps, I stopped and looked back at Castiel and Nathaniel, who were staring at me, shocked. Shocked that I had chosen Lysander, of all people. After all, this all began with Castiel and Nathaniel, and yet, I chose Lysander.

I could've imagined what they were going through; Castiel was probably (metaphorically) kicking himself for ever introducing me to Lysander in the first place. And Nathaniel...was most likely surprised and disappointed that I had left him for someone he only just found out about last month.

I was sad to be leaving them behind; I really did love both of them. But I wanted to be with Lysander. All he ever wanted was my love, but I never gave him a chance. Now, I would finally get to. He could finally be with me; all of this madness could end. That made me happy.