Chapter 20: My Favorite Song (All Alone)

"....to be alone."

All three boys stared at me, completely shocked at what I had just said.

"...W-What...?

"Yeah. That's what I said. I want out."

"Whaddya mean you want "out"?

I hesitated for a moment before replying.

"...I've...thought about it. And...I decided that I'm not going to be with any of you. I can't choose between you three; I just can't! And it's not fair to any of us..."

"...So, you're just...leaving...?"

I remained silent. I could feel the tears coming...

"...Yes."

That was all I had to say.

Before giving them a chance to say anything else, I turned away and ran as fast as I could. Away from this. Away from my life. Away from my love. The tears wouldn't stop flowing...and I could feel my heart breaking.

I heard their voices in the distance, calling my name. They were chasing after me. But that didn't matter now. This was what I had chosen...and I knew it was for the best.

I knew not to run to my apartment. That would be the first place they looked. I needed to go somewhere they would never find me. I needed to get far away from here.

I knew I couldn't outrun them forever, so I frantically looked around for a taxi, or a bus, or ANYTHING to get me out of there. Sure enough, eventually I got to the streets, and there was a taxi just sitting there. Thank God the streets weren't busy; I needed to get out of there fast. So, without really thinking about it, I dashed across the street and jumped into the taxi.

"Go. Just go!"

The taxi driver was very confused, but nevertheless, he started driving. I looked behind me to see if the boys were still chasing me. None to my surprise, they WERE there, and still running, desperately trying to catch me, but they couldn't keep running forever...and eventually, they stopped. Realizing that they were too late, they just stood there, staring at me with sadness and disbelief.

"Do ya know those boys, miss?" The driver asked me.

"...No. Not anymore..."

*I'm sorry...I love all of you...but...it's time for me to move on...Goodbye, boys...*

As I drove away, they grew smaller and smaller.

*...we were almost there...*

And then, they disappeared.

One Year Later...

I let out a sigh as I once again made my way towards my new school.

*Here goes another year...*

Another repetition of my life process...I couldn't believe that I was doing this again. Especially after what had happened last year. But...it got too complicated...to the point where I didn't even have a choice anymore.

Since then, I moved to a different town and got a new apartment. I left everything I had back at my old apartment in Sweet Amoris. It was too risky to go back there and get my things; I didn't know what I would do if I ended up running into... A-And even if I didn't...that town...too many memories...

As I walked through the hallway, I just couldn't help but think of Sweet Amoris high. Everything that had happened there. Everything I had to go through. Even though I knew it would be best to just forget...

I couldn't let it go.

My life...my love was all in that town. Sometimes I wished I could've stayed. Sometimes I wished I hadn't chosen to be alone...but no matter how much I wished, I knew the reality. Going back there now would cause trouble for me. Nothing good would ever come of it.

After completing my school registration for what seemed to be the million-and-first time, I decided to explore my new school. Not too much though; I made sure not make THAT mistake again! (XD)

It wasn't long before I was walking through the hallways to go to class. I must not have been paying attention to where I was going, because as as I turned a corner to get to my classroom, I felt something hit me, knocking me to the ground.

"Ow..."

"Oh, I'm sorry! Are you ok?"

I looked up to see a boy about my age with brown hair and blue eyes looking down at me.

*Not something...someone...*

"Yeah..." I replied, standing up and brushing myself off.

When I looked at him, I noticed the boy's gaze shift from me to all the books and papers that I was carrying scattered all over the floor.

"Ah! I'm so sorry! Let me get that for you!"

He scrambled to the floor and quickly started to pick them up. I kneeled to the floor to help him.

The boy shook his head.

"No, I got it; I'm the one who did this in the first place..."

I sighed and continued to pick up my things.

"No, it's not your fault. I'm the one who bumped into you, remember?"

"It was my fault. I-"

"Look, I'm always lost in my thoughts, so this happens to me a lot. Trust me, you didn't have anything to do with this."

We finished picking up everything and stood up again. I had just turned to leave when...

"Hey...you're a nice girl...I'm Chris. What's your name?"

I turned back to look at him and smiled. "Nice to meet you, Chris. I'm Julia."

"Julia...that's a pretty name. I'll see you later, Julia."

"Thanks...see you later..."

The boy smiled and walked away.

And I did too.

Aside from all the boring classes and such, the rest of the day wasn't really that bad. But it still didn't make me any less excited to finally go home for the day. (XD)

Later on, when I was thinking about it, I had to admit that my first day of school this year was better than most. It didn't play any terrible tricks on me like it usually did. In fact, my first-day-of-school clumsiness today actually did something good. It brought me a new friend. And someday, mabye...something more.

But thinking about it only made me think about last year again. I wasn't sure exactly what, but something about Chris made me think of...them...

Maybe it was because he was generous, like Nathaniel. Or that he looked at me the way Castiel used to...

And those words...

Julia...that's a pretty name.

....I could have sworn I'd heard someone say that before...

And as I thought about it, I began to realize...I missed them. All of them. That whole year the three of them spent fighting over me...even though I knew it was one of the most difficult times of my life...I realized that it was also the most precious to me.

Every day at that city. At that school. Ever since I moved away, I felt as if a piece of me was ripped from my heart. I knew that I would always love them, that a piece of my heart would always belong to each of them, and it killed me to know that I could never go back there again...

.....but it was time for me to let go...

Time for a new life. A new start. A new love. And I would find it...or maybe I already had. The future would tell.

But I couldn't let go just yet...

I still had one last thing to say.

Goodbye, Sweet Amoris...Goodbye...

.....My Favorite Song.