Chapter 4

The wind was howling at this point and some trees had broken in the wind. The bloody rain staining everything it touched. As if the whole world around him was being murdered.

The rain was pouring down rapidly, the "water" starting to rise.

"It appears like it will flood at this rate but also at the risk of a tornado or something..." Stella pointed out.

Jason kept running, unsure of where he was going. "We need to get out of here!" He yelled over the wind, wiping blood off of his visor.

"I will search for a safer place but with floods you need high ground but tornadoes need low ground." Stella stated, sounding a bit distressed.

The rain was quickly approaching his ankles and was getting harder to run though, becoming sticky.

He began to slow down, unable to walk. Tears streamed down his face. This was it. He was gonna die in whatever hellhole he had found his way into.

"Jason, we have to keep moving! It's too dangerous to just stop! We have to try!" She tried to encourage his movement.

He looked down, it was about to his knees now. He turned out and saw that his jet pack was untouched and he set it off.

As he flew through the rain, trying to stay above it, something moved underneath him in the bloody liquid.

"Jason, I saw movement just below us be-!" Stella tried to warn him but something suddenly lunged out of the liquid, and grasped his ankle. It had not been expecting him to be going so fast and so when Jason looked down to see what had grabbed him, he saw a hand and part of arm soaked in blood clinging to him.

Jason screamed, kicking as hard as he could to shake the hand off to no avail. The arm was surprisingly strong and he was now stuck hovering in the air. The rain poured down on him, continuing to cover his suit and weigh him down, despite the jetpack. The liquid was rising up to him and another hand lunged out and grabbed his other ankle but this time it tugged on him.

Jason began to descend. His screams echoing throughout the forest. Tears streamed down his face and he was unable to see through his visor.

Stella was starting to panic, trying to get them out of this by turning up the jet pack but the rain had made its way into it as they were now waist deep and it had stopped working.

More hands seemed to grab at his legs and pull him down more and more until he was about shoulder deep in and Stella called out. "Kalaraja! Please! We surrender! Please, stop this!" Her voice projecting out of the suit, echoing around the forest.

The arms stopped pulling and Jason didn't seem to sink or float any lower or higher, nor did the liquid rise around him yet the rain continued to fall.

Shoulder deep in blood he was unable to move. The fear in his eyes grew. "Stella? What did you do?"

"I... I surrendered us, Captain..." She told him dejectedly.

The blood had felt like it had suddenly become more solid, keeping him in his place as he heard footsteps approaching from in front of him but could see nothing due to the vizor being covered.

"N-no!!!" Jason's breathing quickened. The solidifying blood pushing his suit against him.

"You should be thanking her," A voice spoke up, coming from in front of him. "she saved your life from a rather crude death."

Stella had fallen silent.

"W-WHO ARE YOU?!" Jason yelled. "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!"

A soft chuckle came from the voice and Jason felt someone grabbed his helmet to remove it.