Chapter 31

The next morning, Stella woke them. "Captain, it is morning. The storm has passed."

Jason slowly woke up and rubbed his eyes. "Thanks." He reached over to wake the others up.

"In fact, most of the snow on the mountain has melted. It's as if spring took over."

Stampy stirred awake with a hum.

"What?" Jason cocked his head to the side. Besides him Quentin was beginning to wake up.

"The snow has cleared up except for the very top but even then it is mostly gone, Captain. A clear and easy walk. Look outside."

"Clear and easy is what he wants us to think..." Jason muttered.

Stampy nodded slightly as he rubbed his eyes. "I mean, yeah. Most of the time."

Quentin chuckled and stretched. "Nothing we can't handle."

"Right!" Stampy agreed.

"We should better get going then." Jason got up and began to put out what remained of the fire.

Stampy stood and stretched. "Ready when you guys are."

Jason threw on his jacket and put the suit away. Quentin removed the wall to reveal the lush grass and trees outside.

Stampy came over and stared. "It's like we are somewhere completely different..."

Quentin nodded. "I don't even think that there were trees here yesterday..."

"Y-Yeah..." Stampy nodded. "That... That's weird..."

Jason walked out of the cave. "He'd never try the same plan twice, there's no more need for the snow anymore..."

"I mean, yeah, I suppose that's fair. Though he did try to drown us like... twice."

"One was in blood though."

"I thought both were?" Stampy pointed out. "The one flooding the world and the other in the cave?"

"I saved you from drowning just the other day remember?" Quentin said. "You were kind of acting up so you might not recall it..."

"Oh yeah... That's three times then. Well... I don't really blame that one on Kala though." He laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Don't worry about it." Quentin chuckled.

Stampy stepped outside. "It's still kind of cool, but much warmer."

Jason nodded. "The ground it still wet too, the snow must have just melted."

"Yeah... Well, should we get moving?"

"Yup, up we go I guess." Jason began to walk up the mountain.

Stampy trailed after him, enjoying the sunlight.

The mountain was fairly steep, yet held barely any obstacles. There was still a very long way up to the top.

Stampy kept glancing around, as if expecting Kala to show up any moment.

Quentin slowed down and walked besides him. "You okay?"

"Y-yeah... just... trying to be cautious."

"It's gonna be okay." Quentin put a hand on Stampy's back.

"I... I just can't help but think about what he said..."

"I'm not gonna let him hurt either of us... I promise..."

Stampy hesitated but slowly nodded. "Alright."

"Hey, we're gonna be okay." Quentin reassured him, though he was uncertain himself.