Chapter 18

It wasn't long until the mobs appeared. Jason drew his sword and stopped, but Quentin urged him to keep going.

Stampy glanced at Jason. "Just keep moving, we can't risk getting out numbered."

"Okay." Jason stayed close to Stampy, sword at the ready.

They kept moving quickly through the forest, making sure mobs didn't reach them.

Quentin put his arm out, stopping the others from advancing. A hoard of zombies, seeming to be almost glowing, lurked just up ahead.

Stampy's eyes widened. "They're glowing..."

"Kala designed it so these mobs are more powerful." Quentin explained. "Be ready."

Stampy nodded slightly.

Jason tried to walk back but stepped on a twig, echoing throughout the forest.

The zombies turned and began to advance.

Stampy took a step back, face paling. "Oh no..."

Quentin's eyes widened. "Run." He bolted off in the opposite direction of the zombies.

Stampy hesitated. "But the beacon!" He cried.

"We can't go around them!" Jason yelled, he took Stampy's arm and ran after Quentin.

Stampy stumbled after him looking back at the zombies. "Then we have to fight! If we can't get past them then we're stuck here!"

"There's too many of them!" Quentin called out. "We'll be dead in seconds!"

"There has to be something we can do!" Stampy replied, glancing back at the zombies again.

"Stampy please!" Jason cried.

Stampy hesitated before breaking free from Jason's grip and pulled on the health potion he had. He carefully poured a bit on his hands, covering them and then carefully coating some of the sword as well and stored the rest of it away and braced himself. He took and deep breath and thrust his blade through the nearest zombie, it cutting cleanly through the mob, killing it instantly.

He stared in surprise before getting a rush of determination and going for the next one.

Jason turned around and ran back to Stampy. Quentin slowed down to a halt. "What are you two doing?!"

Stampy had slain about four of them now without getting touched and was quick to evade their swings and return his own.

Jason ran besides Stampy and began to fend off the mobs. Quentin quickly followed, coming up behind the two and immediately drove his sword through a zombie's head.

Stampy glanced at them and continued to fight through the wave of zombies.

The wave of zombies decreased quickly, the three not getting any scratches on them.

Soon they had cleared them all and Stampy stopped and turned and grinned at the others. "See? I knew we could do it!"

Jason smiled back.

Quentin frowned. "We could've died." His voice was stern.

"Yet, we are uninjured." Stampy pointed out.

"Well you still could've gotten hurt."

"But we didn't!" Stampy replied, tail swishing behind him. "We can keep going!"

Quentin sighed. "It's not good to take risks."

"Guys let's just go." Jason began to walk

Stampy trailed after him.