Chapter 21

Stella quickly blasted through the forest, flying with incredible skill and landing at the entrance of the cave with a thud as the boots hit the ground.

Stampy looked up, startling when he heard the noise.

"Jason?!" Quentin stood.

Stampy hurried to his feet and over to them, stopping as he realized it wasn't Jason in the suit, but was the one being carried and hesitated. "J-Jason??"

"Oh, God..." Quentin wanted to run but couldn't.

The suit stepped forward and Stampy moved out of the way as it brought him inside and carefully placed him down, trying to tend to him, lighting the campfire up again with a small blast, giving them light but what it allowed Stampy to see made him feel sick.

"Oh... Oh no..." Stampy collapsed to his knees, staring at Jason's pale face and the blood coming from where his left arm should be but was definitely not. "J-Jase..."

Jason wasn't responsive, having passed out due to blood lost. Quentin's body shook a he looked at his friend. "Oh my gosh..." He felt sick.

Stella said nothing to either of them and continued to work before turning to Stampy. "Cloth and Potion... please."

Stampy stared at her, her voice sounding familiar but not quite. He quickly shook his head and passed them over.

"Thank you." She soaked the cloth in the potion and used another to clean the blood off of him. She tied one securely above the wound to slow the bleeding and placed some around his neck where Kala had scratched him.

She wrapped the wound after applying the potion to all of them and tied the cloth tightly.

She hesitated briefly before carefully brushing his bangs from his clammy face.

Stampy watched them carefully still unsure who this was.

Jason flinched when the cloth was placed on him, but didn't wake up. Quentin silently watched as his wounds were patched up, a thousand thoughts flowing through his mind. "Who... are you?" He finally spoke.

The suit hesitated before turning to him, vizor still down. "Stella." Was all she said before going back to watching over Jason.

Stampy stared at her, eyes wide. "S-Stella? Wait, like, Jason's AI??"

A simple nod.

Quentin stared at Stampy, more confused than ever.

Stella sighed and turned to them. "If you have questions, then ask them instead of staring."

"I... How are you..?"

"I can control his suit. He installed me onto it." She replied.

"Wh-What happened?" Stampy asked.

Stella sighed softly. "...Kala... He... He tried to kill him. I didn't let him."

Quentin clenched his fist. "Just when we think we're safe he has to come along and ruin everything!"

Stella nodded. "...Tell me, do you see his arm?" She asked.

Quentin shook his head. "It's clearly missing."

She just gave a small hum when Stampy agreed. "Alright."

Stampy came over to Quentin and lowered his voice. "Uh, just so you know... this is who you yelled at earlier..." He tried to explained.

"Wait... it is?"

Stampy stared at him for a moment before nodding. "You... You seriously don't remember her?"

"She sounds... different though, I couldn't recognize her..."

Stampy nodded. "I noticed that too..."

Stella ignored the boys and just stayed beside Jason, lying his head in her lap, knowing it wasn't the most comfortable thing but better than the stone ground.

Quentin has sat back down, his leg still in pain. Jason stirred in his sleep.

Stella alerted slightly but noticed he hadn't woken and relaxed a bit, hesitating before slowly running her hand through his hair.