Chapter 8

Stampy pulled away, barely moving out of the way of the boulder, his heart pounding as he heard the blood pouring faster and rising past his wrists at what was becoming an alarming rate. "I'm okay! Well... Kind of!" He replied, voice cracking from the pain. He turned to his still trapped leg and tail and bit his lip slightly before pulling his hood around and biting down on it when he stuffed some in his mouth and started trying to pull free.

He screamed in pain but kept trying until his leg was finally free. Tears ran down his face and he felt like he was about to pass out but pulled on his tail until it too, was free. He gave another muffled scream, the blood almost up to his waist from where he was sitting.

Jason panicked when he heard Stampy's screams. He threw himself against the giant boulder dividing them and attempted to climb it. The blood poured down, making Jason slip on the rock and fall to the ground hitting his head. He struggled to stand up, dizzy and disoriented, and fell back to his knees.

"Captain!" Stella called out, concerned.

Stampy looked at the rock and ejected his claws and pulled himself up and over it, sliding down to Jason, giving another cry as he landed and collapsed.

His pajama pant leg was torn up along with his leg but it was hard to tell what blood was his and what blood was from the large amount that still poured in.

They suddenly heard a crack and what sounded like a waterfall on the other side of the boulder, blood flowing through the cracks quickly.

Jason crawled up to Stampy, his breathing becoming quick and heavy. "Stampy what do we do?" His eyes widened, tears starting to form.

"I-I don't know..." he admitted, shaking.

Stella scanned around them. "Captain, I believe you might have enough charge to blast through the rocks. It will take a couple blasts but if I can show you where, it should open enough space for you to get out or at least keep the room from flooding."

Stampy looked at Jason as the blood was about half way up both their chests.

Still a bit drowsy from hitting his head Jason held the shulker above the blood, pulling one of his gauntlets out and putting it on over his other gloves.

With his arm shaking Jason aimed towards the rock and fired.

Some of the rocks broke away revealing the next couple of layers. "Good shot. Just a couple more." Stampy encouraged him.

Jason shot again, the beams illuminating the room. He was about to shoot again before his head started hurting. The pain was overwhelming, and Jason's arm began to shake vigorously, unable to get a clear aim.

Stampy noticed this and took hold of his arm to help stabilize it. "Hang on Jason. We almost got this." He was shaking a little too but was able to help keep it straight.

The blood was almost up to Jason's upper chest.

Jason closed his eyes and kept firing, more and more of the rock chipping away and falling into the blood. Eventually a small hole was broken through, a beam of light shining. The only problem was that the hole was too high to reach.

Stampy could now see Jason more clearly and his eyes widened, seeing how pale he looked. "Jason! Come on, we're almost there! Just a little more..." stampy tried, pulling on Jason, trying to keep him above the liquid. "If I lift you up, can you reach it?" Stampy asked him.

"I-I think so." He tried firing again, but he was out of charge. The blood was almost to his chin. He clung onto Stampy, struggling to stay afloat.

Stampy lifted him up some, moving him onto his shoulders,trying to keep him higher. "How's that?" He asked, trying to ignore the blood still steadily rising to about his upper chest now.