Chapter 34

"Finally!" Stampy stopped hearing a rumble. "Is it about to rain?"

"Looks like it..."

"Well. We should get out of here before it-"

"Come on, Jason! We're almost there!" Stampy's own voice called out, confusing him.

"Wait, what?"

"Stampy...?" Jason began to walk towards the voice.

"Heya Stamps! The beacon's this way!" Jason's voice called from behind Stampy.

*Stampy looked towards the other Jason's voice, confused and looked at the Jason next to him. "Jase, what's going on?" He asked.

"I'm coming!" Stampy called, climbing after *Jason but stopped when he saw the others standing across from them.

"H-huh?" Jason spun around. "W-what's going on...?" He glanced at *Stampy.

"What's the matter Stamps?" *Jason asked.

"Th-There's doubles of... us??" Stampy replied.

"I don't know, Jase..." *Stampy answered, watching his double carefully.

"W-what do you mean?" Said *Jason. "I don't see anyone."

"Is that... us?!" Jason exclaimed.

"Well you're not up here yet!" Stampy pointed out.

*Stampy shifted. "I... It looks that way... I thought Kala was done messing with us..."

*Jason followed Stampy up, a flash of hatred in his eyes when he saw the others.

"This must be his last test..." Jason said.

"Y-Yeah..." *Stampy agreed.

Stampy's ears laid flat and looked at *Jason. "Another trick?" he asked.

*Jason nodded. "Must be like the one from before."

Jason looked back and forth between the groups.

Both Stampy's tails swished anxiously behind them. "Well, what do we do?" They both asked before looking at each other again.

"We got to get rid of the impostors." Both Jasons answered.

Both Stampy's nodded but watched their doppelgangers, tense.

"...but how?" Stampy asked *Jason.

*Jason fell silent before slowly beginning to draw out a sword.

Stampy looked at him. "A-Are you sure?" He asked cautiously, ejecting his own claws and placing a hand on his own sword.

*Jason only nodded.

"Um... Stamps? T-they have weapons..." Jason shook.

*Stampy ejected his claws. "Looks like we're gonna have to defend ourselves..."

Jason drew his sword, hands shaking.

Stampy glanced at *Jason, waiting for his lead, something about the whole thing was putting him off. It didn't feel right... Then again, they were about to fight themselves.

*Jason began to advance, Picking up his speed until he was jogging.

Stampy followed after him, sword drawn, ready to fight.

*Stampy stepped back and pulled his sword out too.

*Jason lunged at his copy, swinging his sword in front of him.

*Stampy swung at his double as well, sending Stampy backing away quickly to avoid the sword with a gasp.

*Stampy simply swung at him again before seeing Jason in trouble and swung at one of the doubles, trying to protect him.

Jason blocked the attacks and retaliated, swinging back. The double dodged with ease, his face was stone cold and emotionless.

*Stampy jumped back as well, fur on his tail, fluffed up.

Stampy watched, unable to bring himself to lunge at either Jason, unsure who was who and just went for his own copy who quickly went back to fighting him.

"Stamps!" Jason yelled at the clone. He lunged at Stampy, unaware that it was his friend.

Stampy squeaked and stumbled back, defending himself, his heart racing.

Jason swung his sword. "Leave him alone!" His clone began to attack the fake Stampy.

Stampy deflected it. "But he's the doppleganger!" He cried.

*Stampy defended himself but let his eyes briefly flash red to signal the other, knowing it was his partner.

*Jason backed off from *Stampy and stopped attacking.

"But I've been traveling with him this entire time!" Jason yelled.

"I've been traveling with him this whole time too!" Stampy pressed. "Heck, it might have been you! I cant keep track of who is who!"

"Y'know? Same here! But I'm certain that it wasn't you that I've been with!

"How?! How can you be sure?! I can't be sure of anything anymore!" Stampy cried.

*Stampy started to approach them.

"I..." Jason froze. He thought back to the shadows of his friends, how he'd actually thought that they were real.

"I'd fight you if I knew you were the fake but I don't and I can't lose another friend! Not after we lost Kippy!" He cried, tears brimming his eyes.

Jason dropped his sword and fell to the ground. Tears welled up in his eyes. "N-not after Q..."

Stampy dropped his sword and breathed a sigh of relief and hugged Jason. "We have to get past this..." he muttered softly, not noticing their doubles approaching them, one behind each of them, sword still drawn.

"Y-yeah." Jason sniffed hugging him back. Behind him his double lifted his sword over Jason's head.

*Stampy had his over Stampy's head as well and they started to strike.