Chapter 27

Stella was keeping Jason company while they waited for the others to come back.

"Stella?" Jason was still huddled by the fire. "Where are they...?"

"I do not know, Captain. If we step outside I could scan for their heat signatures."

Jason nodded and stood up, approaching the opening of the cave.

Suddenly they heard a low rumbling and the ground started to shake. The rumbling was quickly growing louder. "Captain! You need to get away from the entrance! Now!"

Jason was just about to break his way to the outside, but quickly moved to the other end of the cave. The wooden planks shook as the snow rushed over them. The fire went out from the wind and the cave was filled with a cold breeze.

Stella was silent for a moment before speaking. "Are you alright, Captain?"

"Yeah..." Jason began to panic, running back to the entrance and pushing the wooden blocks, but they wouldn't budge.

"Captain, I believe that was an avalanche."

"W-What?!" Jason yelled. He paces around the gave. "W-what if they're-?"

"I cannot detect them with all this snow and ice. It blocks their heat signatures even more so that we are caved in."

Jason's breathing quickened, his body beginning to shake. "What do we d-do?"

"First of all, stay calm." Stella instructed. "Stampy and Quentin are resourceful. I'm sure they found safety somehow."

"I-I hope so..." He sat back down, curling up on himself a little.

"We could try to blast our way out but it would be better to stay put for the time being." Stella advised. "I'm sorry, Captain."

"B-but what if they... need me?"

"We can look for them soon but if they come back here and you're gone, they will only worry about you."

"I..." Jason fell silent.

"Just try to get some rest and relax as much as you can, Captain. We will be here a while."

Jason laid onto the ground in an attempt to go to sleep.