Chapter 4 - Nuffink

"Gods... why is this so difficult...", Lillian plops down on the sand in defeat.

We watched my sister easily get swarmed by baby Deadly Nadders and get along well with a Hobblegrunt.

But none seemed to click with Lily.

"It's.. it's okay. We're going to figure this out", I say awkwardly laying a hand on her shoulder.

She looks up at me with a grateful smile, but there's a lingering emptiness that we can't ignore.

"Here, hop on Dawn. Let's go look in the forest", I say jumping up and climbing on to my saddle.

"I don't know...", she hesitates.

"Trust me", I hold out my hand.

Lillian finally gives in and I help her climb on behind me.

I get slight chills as she snakes her cold hands around my waist to hold on.

"Dawn, eastern forest", I pat her neck and she gurgles understandingly.

The breeze feels good as I am probably sweating of nervousness.

This beautiful Viking is holding on to me as I fly my dragon through my homeland.

This must have been what it was like when dad flew mom around for the first time.

Although... my reputation and place in the tribe isn't at risk.

"WAIT! Stop down there!", she screams and I almost fall off I was so startled.

"Okay", I say as I point for Dawn to land.

We set down quickly and she lets go of me to drop down.

"What are you....?"

She cuts me off, "Shhhh! Follow me!"

She creeps along the tree trunks that lead to a meadow.

Pulling me next to her closely, we crouch in the shade and scope out the premises.

I am so confused as to what she's looking at.

I peer out all around me and I don't see anything.

"What are..."

"SHHH!", she slaps her hand over my mouth and I wince in pain from my throat.

"Can't you see her?", she's practically geeking out like her dad at this point.

I still don't have a clue at what I'm supposed to me looking out.

Suddenly, there's a rustle in the bushes in the middle of the meadow.

Dawn hisses at the threatening motion.

"SHHH GIRL!", I put a hand on her snout.

I look back over and I see a pair of lilac eyes emerge from the leaves.

A Light Fury emerges from her camouflage and slowly approaches us with cautious growls.

"She's... beautiful...", Lillian says with eyes so big I thought they'd fall out of her skull.

I've never seen a fury with purple eyes before, let alone hear of it!

Her scales were a shade darker than the mate of Toothless', almost as if they were posing to be a light gray.

Lillian boldly stands up straight and puts her hand out to the Fury.

Her fuchsia sparkles poking out from in between the shiny scales move along with her muscles and joints.