Chapter 25

Aimi's POV

I woke up, to the sound of someone yelling, and surrounded by a familiar scent. I looked around after jolting awake, and quickly realized that I was in Yuki's bed. I must've fell asleep while I was sitting with him. I looked at the time, and let out a small sigh. We needed to start getting ready for school. But I looked to my side and saw Yuki sleeping.

I let myself laugh a bit, as he snuggled into his pillow. He just looked so peaceful that I could look at him all day if we didn't have school. But alas, we did have school. 

I slowly leaned over to Yuki, placing my hands on his arm, as I said, "Yuki, time to wake up. We have school today."

Yuki's eyes remained closed as he mumbled in his sleepy state, "Miss Aimi, I just want to stay in bed with you all day long."

"Y-Yuki, but we really do need to get ready for school." I said, before sighing and getting up from the bed, being careful as I attempted to maneuver my way over Yuki. But just as I had one leg over Yuki's hip, I felt hands grip my waist, keeping me there straddling him. Yuki's eyes were now wide open too, and his face was flushed, probably matching my own.

"Miss Aimi, um good morning." Yuki said, a small smile creeping onto his face.

"G-Good morning Yuki." I said, returning his smile, trying to not think about the position we were in right now. I just slowly sat down instead of hovering over his lap, in an attempt to get a little bit more comfortable.

"How did you sleep? I hope it was good." Yuki said, his grip unwavering.

I nodded, before answering, looking away from him and his gaze, "I did. I always have a good night's rest when I sleep in here."

Yuki's smile became brighter as he said, "That's good." His smile then turned into a smirk, as he said, "Now Miss Aimi, mind telling me why we're in this position?"

"I-I'm sorry! I-I was just trying to climb over you. I t-tried to wake you up, but it seemed like you weren't budging. And we have school today, so I was going to get off the bed and go g-get ready, then make sure that you're all ready too." I tried to explain, slightly moving around as I spoke in my flustered state. 

As I moved a little bit, I felt Yuki's hands grip my waist tighter, as he then said, "Miss Aimi, please stay still." I only nodded, remaining frozen in his grasp. Yuki, looked over at the clock by his bed, and said, "You know, we still have a little while before we absolutely have to get ready."

I nodded in agreement, looking at the time as well. But I didn't want to wait too long to get ready, or else we could end up running late.

"Hey, Yuki, I'm sorry for sleeping in your bed. I guess I passed out." I apologized, feeling a little bad for just sleeping in his room, taking up space in his bed, without his permission.

Yuki chuckled, before saying, "Miss Aimi, don't apologize. In fact, I wouldn't mind you sleeping next to me every night, and waking up to you everyday."

"Y-Yuki I-" I began, but was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Brother! Aimi! You naughty children better wake up and start getting ready for school!" We heard Ayame on the other end.

Yuki removed his hands from my waist gradually, the warmth of his hands going with them. He scratched his cheek, and said, "We probably should get ready for school before someone tries to break the door down to force us to get ready."

I got off of Yuki, and the bed, now standing steadily on the ground, and said, "Yes, I'll meet you downstairs when we're both dressed."

I opened his door, unlocking it on my way, and going back to my own room. When I got there, I could hear Tohru humming to herself as she brushed her hair. She turned to me as soon as I entered and said, "Aimi! Where were you all night?"