Chapter 41

Aimi's POV

After I finished with changing, Yuki and I left the house. But, as soon as we got outside, I noticed that it was starting to sprinkle again, meaning it was probably going to rain more heavily later.

"It's starting to sprinkle again." I pointed out to Yuki. "I wonder if Kyo and Kagura are almost back." I was a bit worried that Kyo might get caught up in the rain.

"No need to worry. Kagura can carry him, if he can't make it." Yuki said, beginning to walk, as I was following right behind him.

But, I quickly bumped into Yuki's back, when he stopped moving. I said, quickly apologizing to him, "I-I'm sorry." I then noticed what it was that made him stop moving, and what he was looking at. 

There, standing at the front door of Shigure's house, was a male with long brown hair. Yuki said, not giving me a single clue as to who this is, "I didn't know he was back."

"Oh, so you know him?" I asked, my voice quiet, as there was a nearby stranger.

Suddenly, we could hear the sound of Kyo's voice, as he was talking to Kagura, coming towards the house. The man turned to see the orange haired male, and said, "Kyo. You look well."

"Master." Kyo said, letting me know who this guy is. It must be the guy who trained Kyo in martial arts, the one he's told me about.

After that, we all went inside, Yuki and I completely forgetting about our gardening plans. The man sat across from Shigure by the table in the living area, with Kyo sitting on the other side of the room, meanwhile Tohru and I worked on getting some tea for the man.

"This is a pleasant surprise. How have you been?" Shigure asked him, seemingly having not seen him for some time.

"Fine. Thank you. And I hear, life as a novelist has been treating you well." The guy said, speaking to the dog zodiac. 

In response to him, Shigure begins chuckling, and said, "Well, I get by."

I walk into the room, and place a cup of tea right by this guy. I then took a seat, observing this man, Tohru following shortly after to sit beside me. He looks over his shoulder at me, and said, "Thank you very much."

I nodded in response, not having my notebook at this exact moment, but letting him know I acknowledged his thanks.

"Sensei, I'm glad you're back. Its been so long." Kagura said, coming into the room and taking a seat across from the man.

"It has. But, you've been well. I hope." The man said, speaking to Kagura.

"It's good to see you, Sensei." Yuki said, entering the room, standing by the entrance he just came through.

"Hello there, Yuki. You're so much taller than I remember. You've grown." Their Sensei said, his attention now to Yuki.

"Oh, Tohru, Aimi, sorry. This is Kazuma Sohma. The family's martial arts instructor. He's taught Yuki, Kagura here, Haru, and others. He's Kyo's master." Shigure said, speaking to my sister and I, introducing this guy.

"Oh, I didn't realize-" Tohru began, but Kazuma turned to face us, and spoke, cutting her off.

"If you don't mind, may I please call you both by your first names?" Kazuma asked, politely.

"Yes, please do. That'd be great. Um, it's nice to meet you." Tohru answered quickly. It is much easier for people if they just go by first names for us, since we're sisters, and share the same last name.

"I've heard a lot about you both. I believe, you know of the Zodiac spirits?" Kazuma said. I wonder where he heard about us. I guess, word would go around fast in a family like the Sohma's.