Chapter 33

In this chapter, Ritsu is going to be described as a woman by Aimi and Tohru, until his actual gender is revealed.

Aimi's POV

I was walking home with Tohru after school, talking with one another as we walked. That was until a familiar woman zoomed by us, before Tohru could even say a word. And there was then a feminine shriek that sounded.

Tohru and I both exchanged a look before we decided to run towards the scream to see what was going on.

"The bottom of my bag broke! This is a disaster!" The same voice that shrieked said. There, standing in front of the house, was what appeared to be a woman, with straight, peach-colored hair. The woman was also wearing a green kimono.

"Here, we're more than happy to give you a hand." Tohru said, as we both got onto the ground and began picking up the books that had fell, due to the woman's bag breaking at the bottom.

"No. Please, that's far too much to ask of you two." The woman said.

"Nonsense. Its good to help each other out when we face problems." Tohru said, giving the woman her usual, cheerful smile. I nodded silently in agreement as I continued to pick up the books.

"Forgive me. See, it doesn't matter where I am. I always cause problems for the people around me. I shouldn't be taking up space. Or using up oxygen. But still, even though I feel bad, I'm making you two get on the ground and help me. I apologize!" The woman said, before yelling off her sincerest apologies to the world. 

This woman was a lot like the hostess of that hot springs we went too. Wait a minute, was this the hostess's child that she mentioned? The monkey. 

"Wait, are you Ri-chan?" Tohru said, knowing the name that the hostess told her, when discussing her child.

Ri-chan shrieked again, before saying, "Am I so horrible that strangers on the street know what my name is? Of course they do." After that, I could barely make out the words that Ri-chan was saying.

Shigure slid open a door, and saw all of us here, and asked the fellow zodiac member, "Why are you here, Ri-chan?"

Ri-chan then yelled out yet another apology towards Shigure.

After that, Ri-chan came into the house, and sat in the living area with Shigure and I, as Tohru made some tea. Ri-chan sat on the opposite side of the table to Shigure and me. Before Tohru went off to make the tea, her and I placed Ri-chan's books beside her on the floor.

Shigure said, "What a rare treat this is? You're usually so timid. Not the sort to drop in out of the blue."

"Oh yes, sorry for barging in." Ri-chan said, speaking normally. Tohru entered as she spoke, placing the tray on the table. "And for causing Tohru and Aimi so much trouble, because I overloaded my bag."

Tohru grabbed a cup, and held it out for Ri-chan, as she said, "No, Aimi and I were happy to help. We're even happier to meet you!" Tohru then placed the cup in front of Ri-chan.

I was excited to have finally met Ri-chan, the zodiac monkey. But as I sat here, I held my notebook on my lap, as we sat here. Tohru was now also sitting after she finished handing out the cups to everyone.

"So then, why the impromptu visit?" Shigure asked, wondering why she came over.

"No. This is terrible, I must be intruding on you." Ri-chan said, feeling bad for just dropping in out of nowhere.

"Mhm." Shigure agreed.

After hearing that, Ri-chan tried to run away, but Shigure grabbed a piece of her kimono to keep her from running away, as she shouted.