Between The Pines

Hi there! Remember what I said in the last chapter about there being more? Well this is it! This is basically me explaining all of the loose ends and taking you behind the scenes of how I made this story. Now, let's begin!

Timeline

I looked throughout a bunch of sources that are cannon to the show including the real life Journal 3, calendars throughout the episodes, etc to try and pinpoint when each episode took place. For instance look at this image for the Summerween episode. That's how I knew when to upload the Summerween chapter. The other episodes didn't really have any dates, at least none that I could find. The Comix Up chapter from the Lost Legends book was very difficult to put in the timeline because I didn't know where to put it. It clearly took place after Not What He Seems, but that still doesn't give me a clear answer. If it took place after Weirdmageddon, then why does Shmebulock talk about it after telling the reader about Comix Up? Wouldn't he just say "another story that takes place after Weirdmageddon is...blah blah blah." The story "Don't Dimension It" Stan says that the kids leave Gravity Falls in three days. There's no reference to them leaving in the other stories so they most likely happen before Weirdmageddon. Hey, I could be wrong and if you have better arguments, please let me know. I'd love to hear your opinions! Anyway, there were also episodes from season 2 that needed work. In Scary Oke, Dipper claims that half of the summer has gone by. The next episode is Into the Bunker. I considered that each episode takes place a day apart from each other. That way when Weirdmageddon happens for 4 straight days and then Don't Dimension it occurs, that leaves the final day of summer. When Dipper and Mabel leave Gravity Falls. Trust me when I say this wasn't easy. The timeline was probably the most difficult part of making this story!

The Reader Ending Up Being Dipper and Mabel's Cousin

Suprisingly, this wasn't my original plan for this story. Originally there wasn't going to be any twist of you being a Pines. Instead you were just going to be Wendy's boyfriend who went on adventures with her, Soos, and the twins. You just happened to get along with all of them. The reason why it changed was because of one comment on the chapter that featured the episode Double Dipper. When Stan tries to help you to get a dance with Wendy, one comment was added that changed everything.

 When Stan tries to help you to get a dance with Wendy, one comment was added that changed everything

That opened my eyes. Stan wouldn't really be that nice to someone he barely knows. So it would make sense if he knew that you, the reader, were secretly related to him. This got me making clues throughout the series that there's a connection. Specifically through the pictures that feature you. The reader. If you look at your hair you'll see that it looks a lot like Dipper's. All of the Pines men have a similar haircut. Dipper, Stan, and Ford all have that haircut. It was even hinted at in the Gideon Rises chapter.

 It was even hinted at in the Gideon Rises chapter