seven

Billy parked his camaro in front of Hargrove house. He got out of the car and saw Susan, standing and looking out of the window, biting on her nails. Billy also saw Max, sitting on the couch with her head down. Billy cursed to himself as he remembered that he had promised Max to give a ride. 'This is not gonna be good' Billy thought and walked inside, slowly. 

He walked in the living room, Susan was still standing at the window, but this time she was not looking out of the window, she was looking at Billy, she was worried. Billy looked at Max, She was still sitting on the couch, with her head down. And then he looked at his father, standing up from the table. He looked angry. "I gave you only one job and you can't even do that!" Neil yelled, which startled Max and she glared at him. "You were responsible for Max! I thought you'd drive her home.. but what do I see?! Max skating home late at night!"

"You also told me to get a job so she wouldn't ask you for money. That's exactly what I was doing, I was working!" Billy yelled back. "How you dare raise a voice at me! You must be grateful of me for letting you in this house! You must be grateful of me that you have food to eat! You must be grateful of me for everything I've done for you after your whore mother left you!" Now Neil was standing in front of Billy. 

"I'm gonna get out of this house, as soon as I can" Billy said through gritted teeth and walked away. He could hear Neil shouting at him, but he ignored them. Billy closed his door shot as he got in his room.
As much as he hated Neil, Billy had never fought him back. Not because he was weak, but because he was scared of the consequences. Billy knew he'd lose control if he punched Neil. He'd lose control and kill him... As much as Billy wants Neil out of his life, Neil is his only family... As much as he hates to say that, he has no one other than him.He is still his father...

Billy grabbed his journal and started to scribble skulls on the paper, while smoking and listening to loud rock music. He would bob his head and sing along here and there. 

There was a knock on the door and Billy looked up. The door opened, revealing Max. "Can I come in?" She asked and Billy nodded, putting his journal away and turning the music off, so they could talk. 

Max sighed and sat on Billy's bed, next to him. She was feeling guilty, what if everything she had told Steve was just her speculations? What if she was wrong and there was nothing going on between Steve and Billy? 'But what about Billy's drawings?' Max thought. Maybe it was Billy, who liked Steve. And Steve was just being polite and friendly.

"Back to earth Max, what do you want?" Billy asked. She looked up at him "I wanted to talk to you about Steve." "Oh I- I'm sorry for not giving you a ride"Billy said. "It's fine I.. Billy, do you like Steve?" She asked. Billy's expression changed and Max noticed it,too. "I saw the drawings.."She said. "I don't like Steve. Those drawings are old and... I "Billy shook his head and sighed. "I don't want to talk about it Max" He said, his expression softening. "Are you two like.. ex-boyfriends?" Max asked, furrowing he eyebrows. "What - no" Billy chuckled "That would never happen since Steve's into girls" 

"So you admit it? You like him?" Max asked with a smile smile escaping her lips. "wHAT- NO..It's late Max, go to sleep. "Billy said,kicking Max out of his room and Max was giggling. 

Max was dialing Byers' phone number, she looked around so nobody was near her as she hold the phone to her ear. "This is Jonathan Byers speaking." "Hello it's Max, could I talk to El?" "Sure Max, hold on."
"Hey Max" "We were right about them"Max said into the phone with a grin.