Chapter Nine: Understanding

This one is a long one! So sorry XD

_________________________________________________________

David woke up first like normal, his alarm ringing at 4:30 AM. He quietly got out of bed and yawned, looking at the brisk breeze blowing the trees outside his large window. He smiled at the pane and walked to the frame, opening it and taking a deep breath of the untainted early air. He then closed the window and walked to his closet. He slept shirtless so he often times put on a loose tee when he left his room. He picked out his favorite sleep shirt, a white shirt with a blue clawed crab saying 'Get Crabby' on it. He then brushed back his fluffy dirty blonde hair and went to the hallway, forgetting his phone on his nightstand. He went to the bathroom for the boys to find Noah was already there. He had just gotten out of the shower and was blow-drying his hair. David went next to him and began to brush his teeth.

"You're up early," he said to his younger brother. Noah looked at chuckled, putting down the dryer and brushing his hair into its normal ponytail.

"Well, I woke up feeling off. Did you notice that Viv was quiet throughout the night? She didn't scream or anything. I don't know if it's just a miracle or not, considering the man who caused her so much trauma is literally sleeping right below her. But, I just felt a bit weird. I haven't checked on her yet, but when I walked past her room I heard some pretty subtle snoring. Did she always snore?" Noah asked as he finished up his bathing routine. David spit out the toothpaste and gargled his mouthwash before dabbing his face with a warm towel. He looked at Noah and shook his head.

"The breathing tubes prevent her from snoring. Maybe they fell out during the night. Let's check on her," David and Noah left the bathroom and slowly stepped towards Vivian's room. David heard the low snore, it was as if it didn't belong to a girl. He cocked an eyebrow and opened the door, staring at the scene in front of him. Noah was just as shocked and both of them didn't move.

In the room was Vivian cuddled into Arthur's chest. He had an arm around her waist and one on her head, as if to coddle her and relax her. David was still too stunned to move and Noah didn't want to cause a commotion so early in the morning. David closed the door quietly, still with wide eyes. That's when they heard a giggle.

"Didn't either of you check your phones?" Aria snorted quietly, trying to keep her voice down. The boys shook their heads and headed to their rooms. When they both came out with their phones they were watching the videos that were taken. They were still too stunned to speak, but both of them were smiling. The three of them sighed and went downstairs to make breakfast. As soon as they went downstairs they began heating all sixteen coffee machines. Aria snatched two large rolls of Taylor Ham from the giant fridge and began cutting them. Noah began to crack dozens of eggs into large bowls and whisk them with some cream and seasoning. David began buttering the bread and sticking the pieces into the oven, making two loaves of toast at a time. All their cooking came to a halt when Levi stepped into the kitchen. He grabbed a spatula and smiled before David swooped in.

"Nope!" he said swiftly taking the spatula from his hands.

"But I want to,"

"No," Noah cut him off.

"But I should,"

"Absolutely not! Go sit on the couch!" Aria shouted to her brother. Levi opened his mouth again but Noah gave him a mug of coffee with some cream and pointed to the living area. Levi huffed and left the kitchen just as Emma and Heidi came downstairs. They both grabbed their baskets and left for the garden, coming back ten minutes later with baskets filled with fresh fruit. The two girls began to cut, peel, and core the fruits and make a large fruit salad. Kitt came down, dragging Katt with her. They both began to smash fruit to make jam for the toast. Jasper and Julian were cooking bacon and sausage, and Oliver was making shredded potatoes to cook hash browns. Blair came down and starting juicing some fruit to make fruit juice for the little ones, and preparing warm milk for Quincy's bottle. Kiki came down with Liam and they both began to make sausage gravy, while June came down and starting to bake biscuits. Marina, Becca, Niomi, Brody, and Kasey came down next, all of them beginning to set the tables up. Alicia, Frederick, and Mali all came down and yawned, sitting on the large couch next to their big brother. Kyle stomped down the steps, going to the coffee machine. He grabbed his mug that said 'geyser guy' and filled it with black coffee. He then went to sit with Levi to supervise the little children.