Chapter Eleven: Civil War Trauma

Ok so this one is very long (literally I typed it on google docs first and it was 11 fucking pages) it also contains a flashback scene/memory via Hungary, Prussia, and Russia

_____________________________________________________

The rest of the day was kinda uneventful. Aside from Levi's THIRD attempt to cook which is why the rest of the day was occupied.

"LEVI HOW THE HELL DID YOU SET THE SINK OF FIRE?!" Julian screamed as his twin, Jasper, tried to put it out with the spare extinguisher. Unfortunately, Jasper was too slow in his actions and the house's fire alarms rang loudly as the sprinkler system doused everyone. The nations, who just finished cleaning the kitchen and were resting, were now soaked. Many of them tried to help the children, Ludwig picked up Liam and France picked up Mali. Other nations like Matthew and Gilbert went to the kitchen. Ivan went to the system control panel right by the front door and disengaged the sprinklers.

The fire alarm awoke Quincy from his nap, which in turn woke Alfred. Upon hearing Quincy's screams and alarms still ringing, Alfred shot up from bed and snatched Quincy from his crib. Still half asleep he began running out of his room, then proceeded to slip down the wet stairs with a yelp. Ivan was right at his side as Tino shut off the alarms. Arthur and Lukas used their magic to replace and clean everything in the kitchen again. Alfred, having been woken up, simply sighed and went over to the intercom.

"Would all residents please report to the living room for a meeting? Thank you," Alfred was still clearly tired and had bags under his eyes. Ivan guided him to the front of the room while everyone began to file in. Ivan was rubbing Alfred's head as it was nearly dinner time and he was hungry.

"Everyone here?" Ivan asked the large crowd. The chorus of 'yes' could be heard from the moon.

"Ok, how about we do hodgepodge dinner tonight and watch a movie in the cinema room? We need to clean out the freezer anyway," the kids all cheered happily, "who's turn is it to pick the movie?"

"Mine!" Anastasia raised her hand, smirking. Her siblings all groaned, knowing exactly what she was picking. Ivan chuckled at his daughter, still seeing her as his little princess.

"Ok! I'll get the movie ready and the kids dressed. Ivan, you think you and the other nations can start making the food? It's all frozen anyway so you just need to put it in the microwave, fryer, oven, or stove. You can cook more than one thing at once," Alfred led all his children upstairs as the rest of the nations went to the kitchen. Ivan went to a large metal door, opening it.

The nations' jaws dropped.

There were bags upon bags of premade food: chicken wings of every spice level, mozzarella sticks, fried ravioli, potato skins with cheese and bacon, deep-fried shrimp, frozen pizzas, pigs in a blanket, tiny empanadas, meatballs, jalapeno poppers, mini spring rolls, chicken and burger sliders, potstickers, tater tots, onion rings, french fries of all shapes, garlic toast, chicken nuggets, chicken tenders, bagel bites, pizza rolls, and bacon-wrapped asparagus.

Lovino pulled out an entire shelf of baking sheets and preheated the oven. Matthew was pulling out pots to heat the frozen sauces. Gilbert began to heat up the oil in the deep frier. As soon as the other nations caught onto the flow of things they began to help, and within ten minutes all the food was being cooked. Ivan went to pull out the batch of wings and put in the hotter variety, he learned to go from mildest to the spiciest after he made Alfred his Carolina reaper rub wings before his honey lemon pepper wings. Ivan's tongue was so swollen they took him to the ER. The nations weren't very busy so they all looked at Ivan. France saw a gash upon Ivan's knuckles and it piqued his interest. He had never seen that scar before, but then again Russia always wore gloves or long sleeves.