Ch.40

Lloyd POV

After I put my shoes on I walked downstairs to find Kai. When I found him he was getting his wallet from one of his jackets.

"Hey, You ready?" He asked.

"Yup." I said with a grin that I managed to muster. I felt so lucky to have Kai, but.. I also felt like I didn't deserve him, he's just so... Perfect, and then here I am, a living piece of shit..

"You ok?" I heard Kai ask. I looked up at him.

"Yea, I'm ok.." I said as I walked up to him.

"You sure, you kinda just.. Spaced out or something. Was it Morro?" He asked as he put an arm around me.

"No it wasn't, this time it was me." I said as I slightly leaned against him as we walked out the door.

"Would you like to talk about it?" He asked whilst walking along the side walk.

"No, maybe later." I said as I walked next to him, his arm around my waist. I put my hood on once again to avoid dirty looks from bystanders.

"Oh, ok then, but please let me know, if you ever ever need to talk about anything, I'll always be here, ok." I smiled slightly as I looked at him.

"Thank you, Kai..  Thank you so much." I didn't deserve him, I love him so so so much, but I just dont deserve him, he deserved someone who didn't have any damn mental problems! He deserved to be the one being taken care of, not the other way around.

We approached the small ice cream shop.

"So what are you going to get?" Kai asked me.

"Probably... Vanilla if anything." I replied as we walked in. The first person I happen to notice there was Skylar, she was by a Window eating a sprinkled covered chocolate ice cream and reading a book.

(Dammit I want ice cream now)

I was staring at her not exactly meaning to, that is until Kai poked my arm. "Here ya go, Lloyd." He said as he gave me a vanilla cone ice cream, he got cookies and cream.

"Oh hey look, there's Skylar." Kai said looking over at the Red head. I glanced back behind me at her. "Wanna go say hi?" He asked looking back at me.

I shrugged. "Sure, but.. I don't think she likes me very much.." I said as I glanced back behind me at her. "Oh, c'mon, Lloyd it'd be ok." He said before he grabbed my hand and we started walking towards her.

"Hey, Sky!" Kai greeted as we approached her.

"Oh, hey Kai,.. And Lloyd." Her voice tone changed a bit when she said my name but I waved anyway.

"How've you been?" Kai asked sitting down in the booth, me sitting next to him.

"I've been good, just busy with the Noodle house and stuff, you? " She replied.

"We've been good, just Ninja stuff, ya know?" He said with a small chuckle at the end.

They continued to conversate and such, I didn't really join in though. I knew for a fact that Skylar didn't like me, it's just because Kai's dating me and she has a Huge crush on him.

And yes, I am able to tell if someone has a crush on someone.

I guess I spaced out because Kai had to poke my cheek in order to get my attention.

"Hm?" I mumbled.

"You there? You spaced out." Kai said.

"Oh yea, I'm here now." I said with a tiny chuckle at the end. Kai grinned.

"Anyway, Sky was just asking how you been, ever since... You know."

"Oh, yea, I've been.. Ok, I suppose, thank you for asking." I said. She kinda just rolled her eyes, but then went back to being all happy and stuff.

"Anyways, we should probably go, the Gang is probably wondering where we're at." Kai said. I got out the booth then Kai did.

"Anyways, nice chat Sky, see ya later!" Kai said before walking out the Ice Cream Shop door, I just gave her a small smile and a wave. Even though Skylar didn't like me, I still try to be nice. All I got from her though was a glare.

"You ok, Lloyd?" Kai asked me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said as I glanced at him with a tiny grin. He smiled back and put his arm around me as we walked back home.

Today was... A pretty good day..