Great With Kids

~Long Chapter :)~

Chapter 4

*Grace's P.O.V*

Today is the family reunion, I told Elijah to just come to the house and we would all go to the reunion together.

As I slipped on my blue heels that went perfectly with my dress I looked in the mirror at myself. My dress was beautiful, it was a simple sleeveless dress with a bow in the front that hung down loosely. The simplicity of the dress drew me to it. I loved the way it was longer in the back and that there was extra fabric in the front so there were waves.

I walked down stairs and saw my parents and Grant standing there, waiting. My mom was wearing a white dress as well. My dad and brother were wearing button down shirts with jeans. "You look beautiful." my mom said as she gave me a hug.

"Thanks mom, you don't look too bad yourself." I said.

Just then the door bell rang and I ran to go get it. Elijah stood there in a white button down shirt, which he wore perfectly, and jeans that were perfect.

"You look beautiful in that dress." he said.

"You look handsome in your attire." I said smiling.

"I love it when you talk sophisticated to me." he said, I knew he got that from the fault in our stars.

Before I could say anything, my dad asked, "Are y'all ready?"

We all agreed and headed for the car. Me and Elijah were going to follow my parents and Grant in my car.

***

Once we arrived at the reunion, which was outside, I heard the laughs and screams of my little cousins as they ran up to us. I love them but sometimes they are annoying. I picked up every single one of them and hugged them, even in my heels.

Jack, who is seven, rallied up all the other little seven or six year olds and ran off through the trees.

Desiree was the only one that stayed, she is my favorite. She is the sweetest six year old I have ever met. I picked her up and asked, "Why aren't you out there playing with your brother and the rest of the kids?"

"I like being with you, Grace." she said, I smiled.

I looked over at Elijah who was smiling at Desiree, "Are you married?" she asked looking at me and Elijah.

"No, no, no." I said.

She leaned in close so she could whisper something in my ear, "Well I think he is cute." she said.

I laughed, she was a terrible whisperer so I knew Eli heard her. She asked me to set her down, so I did. She walked over to Eli and stuck out her hand, "My name is Desiree."

Elijah bent down so he wasn't towering over her and said, "Nice to meet you Desiree, I am Elijah." he shook her hand.

Before she walked away she said to me, "You should take him before someone else does."

Me and Eli laughed, "I love her." I said,

"She seemed sweet, you are really good with her."

"I know, she isn't a demon like the rest of them."

"Your so nice to your little cousins."

"I know, I try." I said. We walked around and I introduced Eli to all of my Aunts and Uncles.

After all that, I left Eli to go talk to an aunt that I hadn't seen in for ever, I trusted him alone.

About half way through our conversation, I heard the sound of shrieking, then the sound of giggles. Everyone's attention was centered on the kids. When I moved up to get a better look, I saw Eli playing with the kids.