A Broken Alex

Chapter 13

~Graces P.O.V~

With the events that happened last night I can tell that all the family drama is at the surface. I want the whole story because yesterday just left me wanting more.

I saw Eli sitting on the couch, I walked over to him and sat beside him. Alex hasn't come out of his room.

"Hey, wh-" he started but I cut him off.

"I want the whole story."

"What?"

"I want your whole story, family story." I said.

"Well, let me take you to your room first."

He held me and sped to my room.

"Okay." I said waiting for him to explain.

"Fine. When we were little, our father, who was born vampire, planed on killing the first born, Damon. Our mother, who was turned vampire, didn't want Damon to die. So because our father loved our mother, he let him live, but he tortured him his entire childhood before he became a vampire.

"Damon had a screwed up life and me and Alex always tried to help. Dad would just beat us if we tried to stop him, so I was a coward and I was scared. One day our dad was giving Damon a really bad beating and I couldn't stand it, but I didn't do anything. Luckily Alex tried to stop him from hurting Damon, he almost killed our dad trying to save Damon.

"I know Damon remembers this, that is why he doesn't try to hurt Alex. Ever since Alex saved Damon, Damon and I always fought over childish things. Alex would always be the one to step in and save us."

I was shocked, instead of hating Damon, I feel sorry for him. He is so misunderstood, coming from a past like that.

Apparently Alex came out of his room because I was about to leave to go talk to him but he was standing at the door.

"Does our childhood make you sad?" He asked.

"Well it isn't exactly candy canes and lolly pops." I said.

"I know."

I ran up to him and gave him a hug. He was shocked at first, stiff as a board. Then he loosened up and hugged me back.

"You are such a good person." I said.

"Thanks, that is what I needed to hear."

"Well you deserve it."

I pulled away and sat back on my bed.

"Hey do you want to play a game?" Eli asked.

"Sure." Alex and I said in unison. I could hear the eagerness in our voices to do something.

We all laughed, "Okay well it is an extreme version of-" Eli was cut off by Alex.

"-Hide and seek."

"Yes." Eli said.

"Wait that's not fair, you vampires and I am human. I don't have vampire speed or hearing."

"That is why you will be with me baby." Eli said pulling me into a hug.

"I'll go tell Jayson." Alex said walking away.

"How do we play? Is it like normal hide and seek?" I asked.

"Yes, but since we are in the woods, we use it all."

"Wait what if we run into Damon?"

"We won't he always waits a while after running into Alex, especially with what he said yesterday."

"Oh, I'm still not leaving you."

"Good, I don't want you to."

We walked down stairs and Alex and Jayson were waiting.

"You two ready to lose?" Jayson asked.

"In your dreams pretty boy." I said.

"You called me pretty." he smirked.

"Don't get used to it." I smiled.

"Okay lets play." Alex said.

"Jayson you seek first." we all said at once.

"Fine." he said and we all ran to our hiding places.

Eli carried me to a huge oak tree that we climbed. We hid in the leaves so no one would be able to see us, hear us maybe, but see us, not a chance.

'Shhh' Eli whispered in my head as he placed his finger over my lips.

I smiled and leaned into him. 'How long do we have to stay here?' I asked in my thoughts.

'As long as it takes.' he replied.

***

An hour later I was getting tired. I liked it here, I wasn't getting tired of sitting here, just tired all around.

'When did you come up with this game?' I asked him through my thoughts so I wouldn't drift to sleep.

'Damon, Alex and I would play it when we were hiding from our father. That is how we hide so well.'

Wow, even that is kind of scary. They came up with their childhood game by hiding from their psycho, vampire father.

My eyes were getting heavy and it was all I could do to keep them open. 'I'm getting tired.' I told Eli.

'I got you, you can sleep if you want.' he said. With that I snuggled into his open arms and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked it! Now you know more about Damon's past. Would you feel sorry for him and Alex or nah? :)

Please Vote!

Comment!

And Share!

~Cayla