The Moments to Look Forward to in a War

Chapter 16

I started this chapter yesterday and finished it this morning so I figured, 'Why not post it today?' so here you go :)

I knew that we would have to come up with a plan. We wouldn't be starting anything, but we sure as hell would be finishing it.

It was a pain to have trouble with the werewolves on top of Damon. I could tell it was stressful on Eli.

"Okay, we need to have a plan." Eli said pacing around the room.

"Eli, calm down man." Jayson said.

"I can't, we need to have a plan, we already know that they are planning right now."

"Okay lets plan, what do you say we do?" Alex asked making Eli sit down.

"Well we won't start anything, we already pissed them off so we will let them strike first. We will fight back though."

"Okay so we have to assume what they would do first." I butted in.

"Yes. There are many possibilities so we have to keep our minds open for ideas." Eli said.

"When we go out to feed we have to be careful, we need to hide because they will also be out their searching for us." Alex said.

"Good. Okay they will also be watching us so we need to be watching them. One thing is for sure they won't come here to our property unless invited just like we didn't go on theirs until he asked, quite annoyingly, for us to come out."

I was listening to all their ideas and plans, after about two to three hours we had everything planned. We knew exactly what we would do in almost every situation.

So we knew we could do one thing for sure, we could watch them. They would be watching us so we would watch them.

"Grace I'm going to need you to stay in the house as much as possible. I don't want to risk losing you again."

"Okay." was all I said.

I knew I would have to walk out side with Sassy every once in a while only when they were gone.

"I hate to leave you alone especially right now but we are going to go start looking. I know that they are because of what happened yesterday. When the alpha is mad, they don't take things lightly."

"Okay,"I kissed Eli's cheek, "Please be safe." I said.

"Of course." he said kissing my cheek.

I sat on the couch with the now fat Sassy. She was getting fatter and taller and I wasn't over feeding her.

It has been a long time since I got on my phone, so I figured why not look at it. My parents are worried sick and have been for the past month. I have been with them longer than the month I said I would be.

I have been telling them that I was fine and I was staying in Florida. I couldn't go home and I wasn't planning to anytime soon. Things are getting bad here and I can't leave now, it's not safe.

I saw thousands of calls and messages from mom and dad, I only replied with one message every week telling them I was fine. They would believe me but they wanted to know more but I wouldn't tell them anything more than that I was having the time of my life with Eli and I was healthy and not pregnant.

My mom started to think that the reason I was staying in Florida was because I was pregnant but I reassured her that it was not the reason.

I even had a few messages from Grant saying shit about my virginity and how I'm still here because I was pregnant.

I would reply with a smart ass comment that would shut him up for a while.

After I looked through all the calls, voice mails and messages I was about to turn off my phone when I got a call from Gale.

This was shocking to me because he gets like one call every month and he chose me. A tear fell from my eye but I wiped it away and slid to answer the call.

"Hello?" I heard his voice.

"Hey." I said holding back tears.

"I heard from mom and dad saying that you are in Florida, how is that?"

"Good, it is amazing being here with Eli. The scenery is amazing and very... romantic." I smiled even though he can't see me.

"Oh my God are you pregnant? I heard mom say something about that."

I laughed, "No, no. I am not pregnant."

"Oh, okay."

"How are things over there?" I asked.

"Good, good. We get to come home early."

I screamed into the phone, "What?! When?!"

"In two to four weeks."

"Oh my gosh I can't wait to see you!"

"Me too," he said, "Well I have to go, love you."

"Love you too." I said and he hung up.

I picked up Sassy and spun her around, "We get to see Gale!" I screamed.

She barked at my excitement and then reality hit me like a train. I wouldn't be able to see Gale if we were still messing with this werewolf, Damon bullshit.

I began to cry at my reality, Sassy was licking my arm trying to make it better.

Just then Eli and the boys walked in. He ran over to me asking, "Grace what's wrong?"

I just screamed, "Grace, please tell me."

"I hate this!" I yelled.

"What?"

"I can't see my brother that is coming home in like a month because of all this bullshit!" I yelled.

"Who said you wouldn't be able to see him?"

"Well I figured it would be kind of hard with all the crap that is happening."

"Well I'm sure we can take one day for you to see him and tell them that we have to get back to paradise or something."

"Thank you, thank you. You don't know how happy that makes me. I guess there is a light at the end of every tunnel. I love you." I said kissing his cheek.

"I know." he said arrogantly.

I slapped his arm, "I love you too." he smiled and kissed my lips.

I guess through all the pain and war there are moments to look forward to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was not an action packed chapter because I am saving that one for the next chapter ;)

Please Vote!

Comment!

And Share!

~Cayla