The Sneak

JUGHEAD POV

I waited by the exit at the back of the hospital. I looked around and there was no sign of Annie anywhere. I swear if she got me in trouble, I was gonna be so mad. I looked over and saw her running down the hallway. She had gloves and a mask on. Her hair was in a ponytail like usual and she was in jeans and a sweater.

"Did anyone see you?" I asked.

"No, here is my phone number. Call me if something goes wrong. Where's your list?" Annie groaned. I handed her the crumbled up piece of paper and she ran out of the hospital. I closed the door and sighed. I went back up to the lobby and I plopped down in one of the chairs. I saw Kara walk around the corner and sit down on the couch.

"Hi, it's Jim Beam, right?" Kara asked.

"It's Jughead. Hi Kara, how are you?" I asked. She shrugged and stroked her hair.

"I could be better. I'm 16-years old and my body is in awful condition so that's awful. Did you meet that boy, Daniel?"

"Yeah, he seems nice. But he never comes out of his room so I'm guessing he's really closed off. I heard a few more people are supposed to be moving in soon. There are only 24 rooms in the Dibbisons department. I don't know how they're going to fit all of us in an increasing disease." I shook my head.

"That's easy. They just wait until we all die and then bring new people in." Kara weakly smiled. We exchanged light laughs and then Kara showed me a picture on her phone. It was a picture of a younger her in the hospital with a heavy oxygen mask and her chest scar had stitches. I'm assuming she had just gotten heart surgery and she's in the ICU.

"That was my first heart surgery. It was terrifying. I was only 7-years old and I didn't understand what happened. I wish I didn't have this stupid disease. But this makes us one of a kind, doesn't it?" Kara sighed.

"Yeah, it does." I said. We talked for what seemed like forever and then she headed off to bed. I looked at my phone and I got an text from Annie.

Annie Taylors: I'm on my way back to the hospital. MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO NURSES OR DOCTORS!

I groaned as I stood up and I went down the hospital stairs. I panted and was sweating by the time I got to the exit. My lungs weren't willing to cooperate with me anymore. I got to the door and I saw Annie run up. I let her in and I made sure to step away from her. She handed me a few books and she had her own.

"It was a pleasure doing business with you, Jughead Jones. I'll see you tomorrow." Annie smiled as she walked away.

"When are we doing this again?!" I yelled after her.

"Calm down, Casanova. I'll need you when I tell you I need you. Just deal with yourself for now. Have a wonderful night, Jughead!" I heard say with a sarcastic tone in her voice. She walked out of my sight and I smiled to myself. This was gonna be an interesting time here, especially with Annie Taylors.