The Jones Family

JUGHEAD POV

I laid on my bed and just threw a tiny bouncy ball on the ceiling. It fell again back in my hand and then I threw it up again. I wasn't allowed to leave my room so I had nothing else to do. Kara was gone, I wasn't going see Annie anymore, I can't even talk to Leah. Poor Leah, she wasn't going to see Sam anymore.

"Jughead?" I heard the door open. I caught the ball and then put it on the floor. I sat up and I was confused. Mom, Dad, and Jellybean came into the room. They stayed away from the bed and had gloves and masks on.

"Hey...what are you doing here?" I asked them.

"Can we not come and visit our beloved son?" Mom scoffed. Jellybean took a step closer to my bed.

"Hey, Idiot." She said.

"Hey, Stupid." I smiled. She gave a giggle and then moved back to where my parents were. As much I loved seeing them, they weren't here for me. They were here for a reason and I'm sure it wasn't good.

"So Jug...I'm sure you know money has been tight. We're paying twice as much for you to be here. There's no reason for you to be across the country and getting treatment. You should come home to Riverdale!" Mom exclaimed. I stood up and crossed my arms.

"But I'm getting amazing treatments here. New drug trials and new pills. I wanna stay here." I nodded. I can't leave. I have so many good things here. Annie, Leah, and everyone else.

"What about your home? You love Riverdale. What about the neighbors, Veronica, and Betty." Dad said in an irritated tone.

"Stop! Don't bring Betty up! She says that she wants to be here and I wanna be here! I'll come up with the extra money-"

"We love you more than anything...but we don't have much money to spend. I guess that we could work more and take money out of Jellybean's college money-" Mom began. I was quick to cut her off. My little sister was going to college and doing what she pleases in life. I don't want her to not have enough money for school. Besides, she's gonna be something special one day.

"Don't you dare take money out of her school money. I'll find a way. Just...go home. Tell Betty that 'I love her' and tell Veronica that 'She's an amazing cousin'. I also wanted to ask...are there any updates on transplants?"

Mom nodded. "Yes. Doctor Willis and I talked about it. It won't be hard finding you a set of new Kidneys. But we don't know about everything else. Closest thing that we could do it maybe give you a lung."

"I'm not having one healthy lung and one unhealthy lung. I'm also not getting a lung from someone who needs it just as much as I do. I don't know when I'm leaving, but I'll see you guys when I die or kicked out of something. Please go." I sighed. Mom and Dad exchanged looks and walked out of the room. Jellybean looked over at me and she had tears in her eyes. She gave a weak wave goodbye and then walked out of the room and slammed the door behind her. I groaned and put my head in my hands. I don't know what to do anymore.