Celebration

JUGHEAD POV
July

Seattle, Washington turned very hot in July. People were partying a lot. Especially tonight because of the 4th. I just watched the fireworks from my bedroom window every year. It's not like I could barbecue with anyone.

"It's the 4th! That means we're getting food and going outside!" Leah leaped into the hallway. Annie, Samantha, Austin, Kara, Daniel, and I were just chilling in the lobby.

"Lee, nobody wants to do that. It won't be fun at all." Annie shook her head. Leah groaned and looked down. Samantha stood up and shrugged and she smiled.

"I'll go outside. I don't see why not."

"Sam, thank you. You all suck. Jughead, please come outside with us!" Leah exclaimed. I exchanged looks with Annie and then back at Leah. "Betty said she wanted you to get better and have fun."

"You pulled a heart string. I'll go out there with you guys. But only if Kara goes." I said. Kara raised her face out of her book and her eyes widened. She groaned and nodded.

"I'll go. Thanks a lot, Jughead." Kara sassed. I looked over at Leah and smiled. She nodded and then walked away.

"Annie, she's your sister. You should go out there with her. We'll get ice cream and stuff. I just want us to have a good time before we all...pass away." Austin whispered. Everyone looked away from each other and we all sighed.

"Ok. I'll go." Annie said. We exchanged looks and smiles. I looked at Kara and she was just reading her book still. We need some quality time together.

That night, I put my jacket on and slung my bag over my shoulder. I went to the elevator and went down it. When I got to the first floor, I walked to the back entrance and went outside. I saw candles outside and everyone in the Dibbisons area just eating ice cream and talking...except Peter.

"Hey, Jughead! We got you an ice cream!" Daniel exclaimed and handed me a bowl of ice cream.

"Thank you, Daniel."

"Anytime. I feel like we haven't talked in forever. But from what I hear, you're super cozy with Annie." Daniel chuckled. I gave a smile and looked over at her. She was talking with Austin. Her hair was down this time and she was wearing a green jacket and gray sweatpants. She had no makeup on and was just eating ice cream while talking. She was so beautiful.

"Hey!" Sam giggled and ran over to us. She was standing at a distance from us and Leah. They were just laughing. I was so confused and so was Daniel. They were really cute.

"Are you guys having fun? Sam and I are having so much fun! The fireworks will go off anytime now."

"I'm glad you guys are both happy." Daniel shrugged. The girls just ran off again. Kara was handing out gloves and masks to everyone. She was such a germaphobe. But then, the fireworks went off. They were so beautiful. We all looked up and them and they were so beautiful. I could hear the cheers and laughs from so far away. I looked at Annie and she was just smiling at me. I gave a smile back and then I walked over to her. I stretched my arm out and held her hand. I held hands with Daniel who then held hands with Leah. I looked over and saw that everyone was holding hands and we were just watching the fireworks. This was the best 4th of July ever.