Birthday Boy

JUGHEAD POV
October

I sat in my room as I held the birthday card in my hand. It was from Betty. I was reluctant to open it but I did anyways. I needed to know what she was gonna say.

"Dear Juggie,
Happy 18th birthday to a very important person! I remember when we met. I came in with my hazmat suit and you were in sweatpants and a sweater. You were an emo boy but you opened up to me in ways nobody has ever opened up to me before. You made me fall in love with you in 29-days. When I thought we were over, I realized that our love was still there. We were still in love. We ARE still in love. So, happy birthday to you. My partner, my friend, my lover. I long to feel what your skin feels like. Not a gloved-hand or your hazmat suit, but your actual skin. I love you, Forsythe Pendleton Jones III. Happy birthday and happy almost 4-months together. I'll see you soon.
Your Beloved,
Betty Cooper"

I gave a weak smile and set the card on my nightstand. My parents didn't send me a card. They sent me a gift card to "Chick-Fil-A" and a t-shirt that said "Dibbisons Fighter". Jellybean sent me a card. No note, but her name was signed. Which honestly, was enough for me.

I hopped off my bed and threw the birthday card on the nightstand. I opened the blinds to my window. I could see the busy city. The cars and the buildings. They were all going about their days in happiness. I've had Dibbisons for 13-years and I can't remember was human skin feels like. Sure, I have my own skin. But what does a hug feel like? A kiss? I'm not like other kids and I can't risks.

"Birthday boy! Let me in! Let me in or do help me, I will take your desert!" I heard on the other side of the door. I walked over to the door and I opened it. Nurse Sierra was in a hazmat suit and was holding a cake.

"Is this all for me?" I asked.

"Of course, it is. I get all of my patients their own cake. Feel free to eat and I'll take the trash from you tomorrow." Nurse Sierra smiled.

"Thank you."

"Don't mention it. Just don't let Honey see it. That man is so uptight." She winked at me. She walked away from me and I closed the door. I walked over to my bed and sat down. I opened the cake case and saw a fork laying on top of the cake. I picked up the fork and licked the extra frosting off of it. I took a bite from the cake and smiled. It's been too long since I had a sugary desert.