Goodbye

JUGHEAD POV
6:00AM(6:00)

I sat in my room and waited for the news about Annie, Leah, and Sam. Leah was already out and so was Sam. Annie was in still in surgery but would be out any minute now. I rescheduled my bus ticket. The next bus for Riverdale leaves at 7:00AM.

"Can I come in?" I heard someone say.

"Yeah." I sassed. I wasn't really in the mood to talk to anyone but whatever. Nurse Sierra came in and she gave a smile.

"She's out. The transplant was a success. Thank you for finding her. We're all gonna miss you around here."

"I'm gonna miss this place too." I sighed. There was a moment of silence and then she walked over to my suitcase.

"I'll take this down for you. Are you just gonna walk?"

"That's the plan."

"I hope Riverdale is still a nice place. Text someone when you get home." Nurse Sierra nodded. She left my room and shut the door. I looked around my room for the last time. I wiped the tear that ran down my cheek and grabbed my bag with my new Oxygen Concentrator. I put my oxygen tube on. I put on my gloves and mask. I walked out of my room and saw Zach, Austin, and Peter in the lobby.

"You won't ghost us, will you?" Austin asked.

"I don't think I can." I shook my head. They gave light laughs and then sighed.

"Hang tough, Jones." Peter sighed.

"Thank you all...for everything." I weakly smiled. I walked to the elevator and pressed the button. I walked in and decided to go to the 2nd floor. The ICU and that's where Annie, Leah, and Sam were. I only had time to go into one room so I did.

I walked in to Annie's room and shut the door behind me. She laid there with a Ventilator in her mouth. Her finger had a clip on it and an IV was in her hand. She looked beautiful though. I stepped a little closer to her. I was at least 6-feet away from her. Annie's eyes started to blink open and she winced at the pain. Her eyes scanned the room and she looked at me.

"Hi, gorgeous." I weakly smiled. She gave a weak smile. She couldn't say anything but I could tell that she was saying something nice to me.

"When I first met you, I realized how amazing you truly are. You let me into a world of love and wonder. You taught me that kindness exists within everyone and everything. You're pushy and bossy but that's ok. I'm leaving tonight...and I'm not coming back." I sighed. Annie's smile faded and I saw tears in her eyes. She shook her head and I saw a tear run down her face.

"Annie, I love you. I really do. But I realized that I gave my heart away already. I'm your first love...but you aren't mine. And I'm saying goodbye to you because you're also one of my friends. Thank you for letting me be apart of your family. I love you...so much. Goodbye, Annie Taylors. Don't forget me." I said with a tear running down my face. She had a lot of tears running down her face and I stepped a little closer. I held my gloved-hand out to her. She reached her hand out and interlocked it with mine. She was sobbing at this point. This broke my heart. But it was for the best.

"Tell Leah and Sam that I love them both too." I cried. She shut her eyes and cried a bit more. I pulled my hand away and turned around. I walked out of her room and I shut the door. I went to the front doors and picked up my suitcase. I said goodbye to a couple doctors who were passing by and I went away. I walked all the way to the bus station. I sat on the bench and waited for the bus driver to yell at me. It didn't take long for a bus to pull up.

"You going to Riverdale, Pennsylvania?" He yelled at me. I nodded and I got on the bus. I walked all the way to the very back and sat down by the window. I was going home.