The Rumble Pt. 1

JUGHEAD POV
7:00PM(19:00)

"Jughead! Get out of here!" Nurse Sierra screamed. Doctors swarmed Leah's lifeless body. I was frozen in fear and I could just feel hot tears running down my face.

"What's going on? Leah, no!" Annie cried and came out of her room. "Nurse Sierra, what's happening?"

"Get them out of there!" Doctor Mendes screamed. Nurse Sierra walked over to me and pushed me into my room. I slammed the door shut behind me and I ran over to my suitcase. I don't know why, but I had the instinct that I needed to go home. So I went over to my suitcase and set it on the bed. I grabbed clothes and stuffed them into the suitcase. I didn't want to leave, but my gut was telling me to.

Once I was packed up, I called my mom and told her that I didn't want to be in the hospital anymore. I said that I was going home. She didn't like it, but I'm a legal adult now. I can do what I want. She said that I had the next few days to get back to Riverdale. I hung up and I got online. I bought a ticket that would leave for Riverdale at 4:00AM.

"Can I come in?" I heard Nurse Sierra say.

"Yes." I replied. The door opened and she walked in still wearing her hazmat suit. She saw the tears running from my face and then saw the suitcase.

"Are you leaving, Jug?" She asked.

"I can't stay here anymore. I can't watch anymore people die and I want to go home. Annie, Zach, Peter, Sam, and hopefully Leah will be fine here." I sighed.

"I told everyone else and you're the last one that I need to talk to. Leah is in life support. But...if Leah doesn't get a new liver in the next 48-hours, she's going to die. We're contacting a lot of hospitals and trying to find one-"

"Try harder! Why are you here? Go find one immediately!" I yelled.

"I know she's your best friend-"

"She's not just my best friend, she's like my sister now. I love her so much and I'm leaving. It's too hard for me. Just, go away." I closed my eyes. I heard her exhale and then the door close. I broke into tears and tried my best to hold them back. I put my suitcase on the floor and laid in bed. I drifted off into a deep sleep.