G-Tube

LEAH POV

I was dressed in a hospital gown. I wore gloves and a mask as Nurse Sierra pushed me in my wheelchair. I was having a surgery today. I'm super scared.

"Alright, sit in this room. We'll be right back to get you into surgery." Nurse Sierra smiled. I nodded and she left the room. She closed the door behind her and I broke into tears. It's so scary on the edge of dying. I'm scared of surgery. My phone beeped and I looked down.

Jughead😁: Don't be scared. You're a survivor. People without Dibbisons will never understand our struggles. We all complain about the difficulties of life but you seem to do something different. You're not scared of life, you're living it. 

Me: Thanks, Jug. I'm just so scared that I might pass away during this surgery.

Jughead😁: You won't die. You're gonna be ok. Shane, your darling brother, is holding your hand right now. You may not be able to see him, but you can feel him.

I looked to my right and I didn't see anything but. I looked down at my hand and smiled. I clenched my hand softly and I texted him again.

Me: Shane is here with me. Thank you for comforting me. I'm gonna be ok.

"You ready to do this?" I thought. I could hear Shane's voice saying that to me. I lightly smiled and nodded.

"Heck yeah." I smiled. The door opened and Nurse Sierra started pushing my wheelchair.

"It's time. Do you feel ok?" She asked me while wheeling me out of the room. I looked at my hand again.

"Of course, I am. Let's make sure I don't die." I giggled. Nurse Sierra laughed and pushed me into the surgery room. Let's get this show on the road.