Oh No, I Think I'm Catching Feelings

JUGHEAD POV

I sat on the window sill and looked outside. All the cars that went by and seeing the buildings was so interesting. Betty would like it in Seattle. Why can't I stop thinking about her? I've hardly slept or eaten food in days.

"You look lonely." I heard a voice. I looked over and saw Annie standing a few feet away from me.

"More than I usually do?" I asked. She nodded and sat 4-feet away from me.

"Are you thinking about Betty?" Annie asked. I scoffed and shook my head. "You know, Jughead, you could always try a long-distance relationship."

"I've seen the movies. It's like dating a ghost. Forget it, Betty is gonna fall in love with another man and it'll be better for her. As if she hasn't gone through enough." I groaned.

"Ok...so, let me get this straight. You love her but not enough to want to be with her. That makes a lot of sense." Annie rolled her eyes.

"It's because I love her, I keep her away. Annie, you wouldn't understand. There's so much bad crap in this world that is so freaking miserable."

"Without that 'bad crap' you're talking about, then there would be no acts of kindness left to present."

"Where did you get that? Out of your book? Or let me guess, an article for 'Nerdy News Daily'?" I sassed. Annie stood up and sighed. I obviously made her really upset. I don't understand what I did wrong though.

"Just like everyone else, they assume I'm a dweeb and must have no life. I read because it's a hobby. I lose myself and forget about all the bad crap in this cruel world when I read. I'm just that big of a loser to everyone, aren't I? I thought I saw something good in you, but I was very wrong." Annie sighed and walked away.

"Ann! It was a joke! I didn't mean it!" I yelled after her. She ignored and took a turn around the corner so I couldn't see her anymore. I felt so bad. I ruined a friendship with the only friend I have. But I feel something with Annie that's different from a friendship with anyone else. I like Annie, a lot. Oh my gosh, I think I'm catching feelings for her. But what about Betty? My heart belongs to Betty. Well, I am screwed.