Amare

If you enjoyed the Blood Series, do check out my currently published work "Amare" it contains vampires as well!

Mary is a poor girl living on the outskirts of Whitechapel, London. When her family is slain during a vampyre attack, Lucian, son of Dracula saves her from the same fate. By changing her into the same creature that killed her parents. When Lucian gives her the name Amare, she proceeds to follow him into a world of the undead. Unfortunately, it doesn't settle well with the new vampyress. Between coddling a newly turned vampyre and questioning his father's whereabouts with the approaching war between vampyres, Catholics, and halflings, Lucian has his hands full.

Elixir, son of Bishop Abiram is a faithless member of the Vatican. Believing in science over the terms of religion, he uses his smarts to create weapons to eradicate vampyres. His explorations in sciences lead him into a world of magic and uncovering ancient spells thus sweeping him into The Circle within the Vatican. Bound by secrecy, only he and a chosen few know of these abilities.

Love, fangs, and potions meld them together for a perfect concoction of mayhem, the three's encounter leading them to a series of unsettling events, and troubling discoveries. This leaves them to wonder if they truly fight for the right cause.

Excerpt

He was her first bite. The first drink of eternal life.

Unconsciously, she suckled his wrist, a dull throb forming in her upper teeth.

His cold fingers threaded through her transforming locks, her thick curls becoming flat and silky, sprawling amongst the sullied bed sheets where her dead mother and father lay. Her skin became as wan as porcelain, losing her apricot luster. Her flesh grew paper thin, blue veins surfacing to her cheeks that once held a subtle pink hue. Her eyes sprung open, irises the colour of damndest sin exposed for God to see. The rosary she clutched fell from her hand after it had burned her, blistering her palm. Her nails found solace buried in the pale wrist offered to her, her constricting windpipe greedily drinking back crimson until her heart lost its beat, still in her chest.
He drew up her beautiful face, complexion slathered in the devil's work. It dripped from her lips, the wickedness of her deed staining the white of her ruffled night dress.

The man brushed his thumb over her dripping cherry lips, exposing a sharp set of teeth.

"It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life."