Chapter 12

I wasn't the only one that wondered what Blayke meant when she said that I was 'missing out' on something. I knew that Brady wondered what she meant and knew that he would have asked her if they had classes with each other.

However, they didn't, and Brady became more and more annoyed and angry with each passing second until finally, we had practice.

"What do you mean by Ty 'missing out,' Blayke?" someone snapped when I went to the pool area from the locker rooms. Brady glared at her, and Blayke shrunk away from him and looked nervous and scared. "Ju-"

"Brady," I said, interrupting him, and I could have sworn that I had her sob in relief. I scowled, not liking that he was freaking her out. "What are you doing?"

Brady scowled and turned towards me. Fury filled his eyes, and I raised an eyebrow because he had never been this furious before, not since Oceay came home crying that day. "Trying to get answers. What does it look like I am doing?"

"Being an asshole." I jerked my head towards the pool where the others were waiting and watching the whole thing. "Get in the water and start doing some laps. You need to chill out, Man."

Brady scowled and gritted his teeth together. He narrowed his eyes, and I wasn't the least bit intimidated because I had seen him this angry before. "Bu-"

"Go, Brady," I said, interrupting him. I narrowed my eyes and silently told him that it was an order. I had no idea if he would respect me as his "Prince," but I didn't care. I needed him to think rationally and stop being an ass when Blakye clearly wasn't going to answer him.

He huffed and nodded his head. "Fine," he said. "Just don't say that I didn't try to "help" you." He gave me a look, and I rolled my eyes because I knew that he had added the words "Princey Boy" to the end of it.

"Ju-"

"I know, I know," Brady said, interrupting me. He walked towards the pool, ready to swim, and smirked. "Just go already." He twisted around, ran a few steps forward, and dove into the water with a huge splash.

I rolled my eyes and turned to Blayke, who was looking at me with dark brown eyes filled with fear and tears. "Are you ok?" I asked, furrowing my brows. I cocked my head and studied her, worried about her safety. "Do you need to sit today's practice out and just start back tomorrow?"

Blakye shook her head and cleared her throat. "No," she said, her voice shaking. "I-It's fine. I-I'm fine." She wasn't fine, but I knew better than to push for now. She cleared her throat and stood straighter, moving a hand through her blonde hair. "Thanks," she said, changing the subject. "For helping me."

I nodded and offered her a warm smile. "It's no problem," I said. "I know how much of a pushover Brady can be. He didn't try to hurt you, did he?"

Blayke shook her head. "No, he didn't," she replied. "He just scared me. That's all." She shrugged and cleared her throat, not meeting my gaze. "So, can we get on with practice?" she asked, finally meeting my gaze while she raised an eyebrow.

I raised mine, mimicking her, and earned a small smile. "I guess so," I replied.

Blayke nodded her head and started to walk away. "Oh," she said while she stopped and looked at me. She smiled teasingly. "Nice suit. I knew you could rock a one-piece."

I rolled my eyes but didn't reply while I followed her into the water.

If only she knew why I wore a bodysuit while swimming, then she wouldn't think it was nice.

I had to figure out a way to come up with a story about why I had a huge scar on my back, and I had to come up with one soon...

I had no idea how many days I could get by wearing them without someone questioning me. I knew that someone would wonder why I didn't wear my "normal" swimwear when they knew that I didn't like these at all...

***

"Let me walk you home," I said, spying Blayke come out of the locker rooms, followed by Aquamarine. I fell into step with Blayke and studied her, hoping that she would allow me. "Please."

Aquamarine cleared her throat, and I turned to look at her. Jealousy filled her eyes, and she folded her arms across her chest, and I knew that she didn't like me offering to walk a female home in front of her.

Blakye looked between Aquamarine and me, her brows furrowed and confusion written all over her face. "I think... that someone else had claimed you, Ty," she said, looking up at me. "I don't even know why you are offering to walk me home."

I furrowed my brows, not seeing a problem with it. I knew I would have to explain why I had offered to walk Blayke home and hoped that she would listen and not be as jealous as she was now. "I have done it before," I replied. "Multiple times."

"Ya, when it is stormy or dark," she replied. "It is neither of those things today." She hefted her bag further up her shoulders and scowled. "Are you trying to get me to tell you what I meant with what I said, too?" she asked.

I shook my head. I was curious about what she meant, but I had a feeling that I would figure it out one day or another. I wasn't that bothered by it.

"Are you wanting to take me home because of the freakout that had happened between Brady and me before practice?"

Again I shook my head. I knew that it still bothered her, no matter how much she tried to act like it wasn't, especially since Brady kept glaring at her during practice.

She huffed and shook her head. "Are you going to take no as an answer?" she asked, tiredly. She didn't want to fight anymore because she knew that I wouldn't take no as an answer.

"Do I ever?"

Blayke pursed her lips while she thought about what I had asked. "Sometimes... but not always. When we don't put up a "hard" fight, then you will keep pressuring us until you get your way."

I bit back a smirk. "So..?" I raised an eyebrow.

Blayke huffed, took off her bag, and shoved her bag towards me. "Fine, but you get to carry that."

I rolled my eyes but complied, shifting the bags until they were comfortable. I looked at Aquamarine. "I will see you later, ok?" I asked softly. Silently I asked her to trust me, but I had no idea if she would listen.

Aquamarine scowled. "Fine, whatever," she said coldly. "I'll be at the house." And with that, she walked away with me watching her go, my heart splitting into two.

Why did this have to be so complicated?