Oneshot #8: Mission Accomplished

GUYS. OVER 1K READS.

HOW?!?

YOU PEOPLE ARE INCREDIBLE.

Okay now you may read on. Enjoy oneshot #8, Mission Accomplished!!

Percy was bored.

Although Camp was full of things to do, Percy found himself looking for Annabeth. He was always happy to spend time with her, even if she wasn't paying much attention to him. Her company was enough.

Besides, he'd already climbed the rock wall, taught a sword fighting class, and even helped the satyrs chase down a runaway grain plant (don't ask).

Percy couldn't find Annabeth anywhere - the arena, the amphitheatre, the stables, even Thalia's pine.

Some instinct moved him to check his watch.

11:30! Of course! She should be teaching a class at the Big House in 5 minutes.

Percy was in the volleyball courts anyway, so it was just a quick walk there.

He made his way up the stairs and onto the porch. He knew he couldn't stop Annabeth's class, but he could join in.

Percy smirked as he pushed open the door.

"Ah, Percy," Chiron greeted.

"Hey, Chiron. Uh...where's Annabeth?" Percy did in fact notice that all the campers of Annabeth's class were there, but instead of her being at the head of them, there sat Chiron.

"She didn't tell you?" Then Chiron mumbled to himself, "Well, I suppose not. That's what bed rest does to you." He raised his voice once more. "She's out sick."

Percy must have let the worry seep onto his face, because Chiron quickly assured him.

"I wouldn't worry too much, it's only a cold. She just needs a few days of rest is all."

Percy let a sigh of relief slip through his lips. "Oh. That's good."

As he turned to go, he called out over his shoulder, "Bye Chiron!"

Percy now had a new mission: Keep Annabeth company.

Percy made his way to Cabin 6 -  most of the Athena kids should be in classes or teaching them, so that's where Annabeth would be resting. He knew how much she despised the crowded infirmary, plus she hated taking attention away from all the other patients.

Percy approached the Athena cabin. He knocked softly, concerned that Annabeth may be asleep.

When he heard a distracted, "Come in," he slowly pushed the door open.

Annabeth sat on her bunk, propped up on a mountain of pillows, eyes glued to the screen of her laptop.

Percy sat on the edge of the bed. "Hey, Wise Girl."

Annabeth's head popped up. "Oh! Percy!"

He held out his hands and smirked. "The one and only."

Annabeth pouted. "As much as I want the company, I don't want to get you sick, too."

Percy shrugged. He stood up, plopping down next to Annabeth instead. "I think I can handle it."

Annabeth smiled. "Well, since you're here..."

He nodded. "Go ahead."

And so, Annabeth proceeded to go on about her newest architecture related project, a gleam in her eye.

Of course, Percy was paying attention, he just wasn't...listening.

As she spoke, Percy watched the way the light from her laptop reflected off of her nose, and deepened the passionate sparkle in her grey eyes.

The way a lock of curly hair would fall in her face as she leaned down to point at something on her computer, and how she'd subconsciously but furiously tuck it behind her ear.

Even the way she'd bite her lip before correcting herself, and then quickly glance up into Percy's own eyes to make sure he followed.

"I'm thinking the pillars will help the beams support here..." she was saying.

The funny thing was, if Annabeth had asked him , he could relay every last word she had said.

It was an incredible thing.

Annabeth was an incredible thing.

She lay her head on his shoulder after a while, still talking.

Percy nodded along, wrapping his arm around her curled body.

Eventually, she nodded off to sleep, her laptop slipping from her lap.

Percy closed the computer, setting it on the bookshelf beside him. He gently slipped out from underneath Annabeth, lowering her into a more comfortable position on her bed.

He draped a blanket over her body and brushed her hair away from her forehead, softly kissing it.

As he began to walk out of her cabin, he heard a groggy, "Night, Seaweed Brain," sound from behind him.

Mission accomplished.

So so so so sorry for the wait!! I've had a lot on my plate the past few days, and had half of this oneshot written for like a week, and I finally finished it.

So I hope you enjoyed!!

Stay amazhang!!

Peace out in demigodishness and all that ;)

~ Grace 💙💙💙