Oneshot #24: Annabeth's Thoughts

Prompt: If Annabeth was asked to describe Percy. (Been seeing this a lot lately, thought I'd give it a try ;)

––––––––––––––––––

"He's a complete Seaweed Brain. I have to break down the simplest of things for him to understand. The idiot didn't even realize I liked him until I practically shoved it in his face.

"He's not dumb, though. He'll act as if he doesn't have a clue, but I know what's going on inside his head. Don't tell him I said it, but he's smart. When he wants to be. And his looks? Percy's black hair is like a black hole, if that makes sense. He doesn't even have to touch the darn stuff and it's already perfect. His eyes are so... vivid, like the sea was forced into an orb and placed in the sockets. That smile he does, gets me every time. It says 'troublemaker,' but since I started dating him, it's almost easy to see the warmth behind it.

"Even with all of the demigod stuff the universe likes to throw at him, Percy is so compassionate. He takes the time to meet new campers, he's always ready to help. Loyalty may be his fatal flaw, but I haven't found one con within it.

"His biggest weakness is probably food. Offer him a stack of pancakes and Olympus would be in ruins. But only if they're blue.

"Okay, all joking aside, I don't know what I'd do without him. He's an anchor, holding everyone he loves away from the sweeping currents. Day after day, he shows me what it's like to be loved, and sometimes it seems like I'm his top priority. Living the life of a halfblood is crazy, but when I'm with Percy, it's like everything will be okay. His smile, his touch, everything down to the way he plays with his younger sister, just proves he has heart. I've never met anyone like him.

"Looking back, everything that I've been through, all the death and terror and heartbreak...I wouldn't hesitate to do it all again, just for him.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is, I love him. Seaweed Brain and all."

–––––––––––––––––––

Short one, huh?

Did you enjoy this? If you did, should I make one with Percy?

Hope you're having a wonderful day, don't stop being you <3

Yours in demigodishness and all that, peace out.

~ Grace 💙🍪💙🍪💙🍪💙