Oneshot #19: Paul is secretly a cowboy

This is the most random thing I've ever written, and I almost didn't post it. But, I wanted to update within a week, so I changed my mind.

I guess I hope you enjoy XD

––––––––

Percy sighed. "You really want to go to this, Annabeth?"

"I do."

"For real?"

Annabeth raised an eyebrow. "For real, Seaweed Brain."

Percy rubbed the back of his neck. "Okay, but I'm warning you, I don't have the best experience with dances. Nonetheless school dances."

Annabeth laughed. "Yeah, I know."

Percy looked at her. "I'm agreeing to go, but there will be no falling off of cliffs, alright?"

"Deal," Annabeth smiled.

"When is this dance, again?"

"Tonight."

"Tonight?!"

"That's what I said."

"Aaanabeth."

"Come on, Percy. This is a once in a lifetime occurrence. You only get one of these, and I intend to be there. And..." She booped his nose. "So do you."

Percy met her gaze. "Fine. But only for you."

Annabeth grinned. "That's more like it."

She pecked him on the lips shortly and ran off to get ready.

Percy looked at the clock.

5:00 PM.

Wonderful.

In an hour, Goode Highschool would be holding the annual school dance for the twelfth graders, something they called a 'Goode Luck Dance.'

Percy hadn't planned on going, but then again, he wasn't the one who planned things in this relationship.

He shook his head and smiled at the spot where Annabeth had stood before turning around to throw on his nicest clothes and brush his teeth.

–––––––––

Annabeth had informed Percy that this year's theme was 'rodeo.'

Percy was dressed in jeans, a plaid, button up shirt and a pair of Paul's cowboy boots.

He didn't bother to touch his hair.

Percy pat his pockets out of habit, finding Riptide tucked safely away. He knew it'd be there, but it never hurt to be sure.

Annabeth finally called from the other room. "Percy? You ready?"

"Yup! You?"

"Just about. Could you come help me?"

Percy pulled himself off of the chair he'd been lounging on and made his way to the bathroom.

Annabeth wore a shirt similar to his, but a faded pink and deep purple made up the plaid. Her jeans were accompanied by a thick brown belt, and her cowboy boots were slightly heeled, with a slim wedge at the bottom. Her hair was woven into two french braids, and she held a white bandanna out to him.

She looked gorgeous.

"Aww, look at my Wise Girl looking all southern," Percy said, imitating a southern accent.

Annabeth rolled her eyes, but played along. "Look at my Seaweed Brain. He's a cowboy!"

Percy slipped his thumbs into the belt loops on his jeans. "That I am, little missy."