chapter 4: married life

Atem POV
It's been a couple days since we got home from Egypt. Y/n is at work and I'm actually off today. I'm planning on surprising her since her birthday is in a couple days. Kaiba kinda helped me out. He booked me and y/n a nice restaurant that night. I told him he didn't have to do that. He said it was for being sorry about everything that happened. It doesn't matter to me. I also am getting her something I know she's always wanted. A duel monsters card that is very rare. A blue eyes White dragon. Yes Kaiba still has the three, and Grandpa still had one, but Pegasus made one more for y/n. His apology to me. I get brought out of my thoughts as my beautiful wife comes home. I go up to her and wrap my arms around her waist. "Hey sweetie, how was your day?" I ask. She yawns. "Very tiring. Your lucky you had today off" she says. I pick her up bridal style and take her to our room. I lay her on the bed. "Why don't you rest" I say. "I need to change first. I'm still in my work uniform" she says getting off the bed. I go to her drawer and pull out some pajamas for her. She changes and lays back down.

I take the opportunity to finish cleaning the house for her. After I finish I check the mail. Pegasus said he would mail the card. I see I have something from Pegasus. I go in the house and open it. Woah, I only asked for one. He sent me three. Says here that he decided to make a ton more blue eyes White dragons so they won't be as rare. That's cool. I find a box to put them in for her birthday.

After I find it, I go to our room. I smile at her sleeping form. The camera's fallowing us see that we haven't had a fight yet. Key word, yet. I really don't want to fight with her, but it will happen. Anyways, I decide to go for a walk for a few minutes. I get stopped by a woman who looks kinda like tèa. But has key differences. "Hi, I'm Emma. Who are you sexy?" She asks. "I'm a happily married man. Now excuse me." I say and try to walk away. "What does your partner have that I don't?" She asks. Okay, she's getting on my nerves. "She's the love of my life. Excuse me. I must get going" I say. I plan on telling y/n about this. The woman is still fallowing me. I have to do something or she will fallow me home. I run into Kaiba. What's he doing here. "Kaiba?" I ask. "Hey Atem, who's she" he asks about the woman behind me. "I think her name is Emma. But she's flirting with me and I don't like it. Help me out?" I ask. He steps between me and her. "Leave my friend alone." He says. "Oh come on, he's too cute to be tied to anyone" she says. "He's happily married and wouldn't leave her for someone like you or anyone for that matter" he said. I've never seen him stand up for me before. She glares at him and walks off. "thanks. You didn't have to do that" I say. "I know. But what are friends for" he says. I raise an eyebrow. "Look, I feel bad for everything. I actually consider you a friend. You made me realize that at battle city. I was just to stubborn to admit it. I think I woke up the day you left." He says. I'm very surprised. "You better get home and explain things to y/n." Kaiba says. I nod and start walking. "Oh and pharaoh" he says. I turn to him. "Call me seto from now on." He says. I smile. "If you start calling me Atem" I say. He nods. "Very well Atem. See you tomorrow" he says and walks off. I smile. I can't believe he finally admitted is being friends. I get home and y/n is awake making dinner. I go up to her and kiss her neck. "Hey sweetie" I say. "Hey." She says. She seems upset. "What's wrong?" I ask. "I'll tell you after dinner" she says. I nod. We sit down and eat.

....

Y/n POV
Man my day sucks. I had a crappy day at work. Luckily Atem let me sleep. I was woken up by my phone. It was my mom. She told that.... My uncle just passed away. He was young. Younger than even my mom. We were kinda close. And he died a horrible death. He died from bone cancer which has no cure or treatment. It's slow moving, but, he was diagnosed so late, he died just months after finding out. After Atem and I finish dinner, I decide to tell him what's going on. "Is everything alright love?" Atem asks with concern in his voice. I shake my head trying to control my tears. "One of my uncle's just passed away" I say. He brings me close. "I'm so sorry honey. We'll go up for the funeral" he says. I thank him. "There's something I need to tell you. Just so you know, and in case rumors start." He says. He takes a deep breath. "Some strange woman, who kinda looked like tèa except red hair and brown eyes, tried to flirt with me when I went for a walk. She fallowed me until Kaiba came along. He, well, he got in the way of me and the girl and told her to leave me alone." Atem says. I was shocked. Wait, a girl that looks like tèa but brown eyes and red hair... Emma. She's always been jealous of me. She must have seen us get married somehow and was trying to get Atem. Why is she jealous of me? That's something I don't even know. "I wouldn't trust her anyways. Her name is Emma right?" I ask. "How did you know?" He asks shocked. "She's someone who's always been jealous of me and I don't know why" I say. Atem brings me close to him. "Don't worry, I won't let her come between us." He says. I smile.