chapter 10: conflict

Atem's POV
I'm sitting on my throne. It's been a couple months since Yugi and Tèa got married. Y/n was tending to our twins. Speaking of the twins they have grown a lot. But tomorrow, is mine and y/n's wedding anniversary. It's been a whole year since we got married. I have the day planed out perfectly. I'm going to take the day off my duties and take her on a very nice dinner date. We have a nanny to help with the twins so we can get a break.

I get taken out of my thoughts when Odion come in running in. He has a note in his hand. "My king. We have a problem. Please, you need to see this" he says. "Odion, what's going on?" Ishizu comes in and asks. "Brother, what's wrong?" Marik says as he runs in. I get off my throne and take the note. It reads,

Pharaoh,
You thought I was gone, but no. God's not the only one who can bring back life. Since I'm back I can take your throne. You don't have an heir, so this is my declaration of war. I will get revenge for my village that your father destroyed. I'll take your throne and take over the world. See you in battle.

Yami Bakura

No! Not Bakura. How did he come back?!?! This is not good. Even though I restored kal Elna, he still wants revenge for what my uncle did. Why won't he realized it was my uncle, not my father, and definitely not me. He obviously doesn't know about the twins. I have to protect y/n and our babies. As much as I want to hide it from her, I can't. I'll tell her at dinner tonight. I'll ask my priests if I can have a night alone with her to tell her. In the meantime I must meet with them to let them know of this war.

I go to my most trusted priest and tell him to gather the others. I tell him we need an emergency meeting immediately. I go into our meeting room. "You wanted an emergency meeting my king. What's going on?" Marik, who became one of my high priests, asks. "This" I say laying down the letter. All of my council look at the letter. "how?!" My high priest Iris asks. Iris is a distant decedent of Isis and looks very similar to her. "I'm not sure Iris. With the millennium items gone, how can we stop them?" I ask. "The same way as last time my king" a voice says. I turn and see Mahad, as the dark magician. "Mahad!" I say. "Don't forget me" Mana as dark magician girl says. "my friends, how?" I ask. "Remember, we became these monsters, so we were able to come and help you. We will defeat Bakura again. And we can make new millennium items, without using souls of wicked." Mahad said. "And without receiving zork" Mana adds. I nod. Since I still have my duel disk, we don't need DiaDhanks. I contact Kaiba and ask him for a few duel disks. He doesn't ask questions and sends them. Next step, is telling y/n. She's my queen, and I know she can help.

I go to our Chambers but find she isn't there. So I go to the nursery and sure enough she's there holding Mana. "Hello my queen" I say going up to her. "Hey sweetie." She says. I explain to her the situation and she agrees to help. 

Y/n PO
I can't believe Bakura is back. Well, the evil one. How did he get brought back? Luckily, I can help protect my children, and my husband. It's bad that we have to deal with him just days before our wedding anniversary. Hopefully, it won't ruin our night tomorrow.

...

The next morning I'm woken up by Atem kissing me. "Happy anniversary" he says once he breaks the kiss. "Happy anniversary to you too" I say. He gets up and for once he doesn't change into his pharaoh attire. Instead he has something similar to what he used to wear when he dueled with Yugi. The only difference, was that he wasn't wearing a jacket. His muscular arms were showing. Although, he always shows them.

I bite my lip to get my mind out of the gutter. We head out of the palace while a nanny takes care of the kids. He seems distracted but I know it's because of Yami Bakura. Atem told me that he doesn't know about the twins. But I'm worried what will happen if he does find out about them. Atem takes me to one of the Oasis' in Egypt. This one was beautiful. It had a beautiful waterfall and the water was deep enough to swim in. We get in the water and we swim together. A few times we kiss under the waterfall. After a few hours, we head back to the palace to change and shower for out special dinner tonight. After I finish my shower, I go check on the twins. I rock them for a while before it's time to got to dinner.

Once again, Atem and I leave the palace. We go to a fancy restaurant. Obviously since Atem is the pharaoh, he can afford it. It turned out he made reservations for us. We were sat down in a private area. "Did you ask for something private?" I ask. "Yes. Otherwise we wouldn't be left alone being the pharaoh and queen." He says. I nod as it makes since. "What are we going to do about Bakura?" I ask. He looks at me and smiles. "Let's not think about that right now. Let's just enjoy our anniversary." He says. I smile and nod.

The rest of the night goes perfect. We go home and I take care of the twins before Atem and I settle in for bed. I know he might have to go to war soon. I just pray he will be alright. Tomorrow he will talk about a plan.

...

It's been a week since our anniversary, and Atem has gathered enough men and women willing to fight against Bakura. I wanted too, but I couldn't with the twins so young. He leaves tomorrow to set up a camp for the war. There will still be enough guards around here to protect me and the twins. But, meany of them are going to help fight. I'm not sure how long Atem will be gone. It could be a couple months, or a couple of years. I hope he will still be part of the twins life.