chapter 5: oh no

Y/n POV
It's been a month since Atem and I got married. For the last week, I've been feeling sick. I throw up Evey morning but I feel fine in the afternoon. Atem hasn't noticed for 2 reasons, first, I've haven't told him. And secondly he's been working. I decided since it's my day off today I would go have a doctor's appointment. I think I know what is going on with me, but I can't know for sure until I see my doctor. I get in the building and wait. Once my name is called, I'm more nervous then ever. What if I'm right? I have one camera man with me. I get into the room and wait. The camera is aloud inside so they can watch. As I wait, I think about this outcome. Finally, my doctor comes in. "Hello Mrs. Sennen" she says. "Hi Dr. Moore." I say. "What brings you in today y/n?" Dr. Moore asks. I take a deep breath. "Well, I... I think...." I didn't know how to day it. Sure I trust her but that doesn't mean it's easy. "I think I'm pregnant" I finally say. She smiles. "Let's run a test then. A simple urine and blood test should do." Dr. Moore says.

I do my business and she takes the blood and leaves the room. I'm so nervous. "You really think you're pregnant?" The camera man asks. "Yes. I do. Whatever you do, don't tell Atem." I say. "I won't. I should let you anyways" he says. I nod. Dr. Moore comes back. "So?" I ask anxiously. "Your suspicion was correct. You are pregnant." She says. It takes me a minute to process. There's no way we are ready. We've only been married a month. Did I convince on our first night together? What do I do? Dr. Moore sets up an appointment for next week so they can actually check the baby. I nod and I tell them my best day to do so. As I walk out of the doctor's office, its actually hitting me that I'm pregnant. I'm not sure how I'll tell Atem. I'm not even sure how long I'll be able to hide the morning sickness. But I have too. If I can, I want to wait until after the show is done. That would be my best option.

I get home and rest. I know Atem will be home in a few hours. I am not sure how I'll hide this.

...

Atem POV
Man, what a day. I get home and see y/n sitting at the table. She looks distracted. I sit down next to her. "Hello love" I say. She jumps not realizing I'm right there. "Oh, hey Atem, sorry, I didn't see you come in" she says. "Everything alright y/n?" I ask. "Y-yeah, w-why?" She stutters. She doesn't stutter. "You just stuttered. You never do that" I say. "I'm fine, really" she says normally. I sigh. "Alright, if you need anything, please let me know love." I say. She nods. She gets up and goes to our room. I know she's been very tired lately. She says it from working a lot but I feel there's something more to it. But she will tell me if something is wrong.

I go to our room and sure enough she's asleep. I notice she didn't go under the covers. So I pick her up and tuck her in. I kiss her forehead. "I love you" I whisper in her ear. I leave the room to let her rest. The camera crew asks me what I'm feeling. I tell them I'm worried about her. I feel she's over working herself. Not that it's entirely her fault. She's strong, I know that, but the human body can only take so much. I should know. Anyways, I go get ready for bed my self.

Dream

"Come on Atem" I hear a voice say. I look and see Lapis. She's still as beautiful as I remember her with her brown hair and green eyes. "I'm coming" I say with a chuckle. We go to our secret hiding place. I kiss her. "I will always protect you" I say. "Let me hold your child. I want to be the mother of your children" she says. We lay down and that's when I remember one major thing. Me and her were intimate that day.

The vision changes. "Father, please no, I love her!!" I yell. "It's forbidden. You know that." My father says angerly. Lapis is tied to a table used for executions. She's not struggling for she somehow knew. "She's carrying my child. Please, let her live!" I yell and cry. "That is a disgrace. Do it" my father tells a guard. The guard nods and goes up to her. He draws his sword. "Always remember me love" Lapis says with tears. Then I see the sword come down on her neck.