[022] we don't give up on our own

My eyes slowly open, my vision returning in a blur

My eyes slowly open, my vision returning in a blur. I immediately try to reach out to grab my head which is pounding in agony, most likely because of Murphy hitting me across the head with his rifle, but I soon realise my hands are bound behind my back, and my mouth is also bound. I turn to my left and see Jasper who has rope in his mouth and his hands tied behind his back, just like myself, both of us wearing the same fear in our eyes.

"Come on, Murphy. You don't want to hurt them. You want to hurt me. So what do you say? How about you trade the both of them for me?" Bellamy's voice chimes on the radio.

"All you have to do is let him go, and I'll take their place." Bellamy says and I immediately begin to shout. If Bellamy comes in here, Murphy will kill him. He'll kill him and then he'll kill me, just like he's always wanted.

Murphy looks over at me a smug smile on his face as he pulls the radio to his mouth. "Now come on Bellamy. Two people for just you? That's not a fair deal." Murphy mutters through the radio, looking straight at me, confirming his plan is exactly that.

"I'm the one who kicked the barrel, wasn't I? Let the both of them go and you can do whatever it is you want to me." Bellamy responds down the radio and my heart drops.

Murphy looks at me, thinking for a few seconds, before pressing the button once more. "I'll send out Jasper, in exchange for you. Final offer. Or I'll just shoot the both of them right no-"

"Ok, fine. Deal. I walk in, he walks out." Bellamy answers and Jasper looks at me sympathetically.

I'm just glad he's going to get out and be ok. At least one of us will be.

Murphy smirks to himself, before looking back at me. "You're gonna regret everything you've ever said about me, Matthews." He informs me, before pressing the button, allowing the drop ship door to move downwards. I look at Jasper one last time, wishing I could at least say something to him - goodbye or something.

"Just you, Bellamy! Unarmed! Ten seconds or I'll put one in Ariel's leg!" Murphy shouts out, as he begins to count down, grabbing Jasper by the collar and readying him up to be thrown out.

"I'm here!" Bellamy calls out on the number five, and as soon as he steps through the doors, Murphy flings Jasper out and presses the button for the door once more, closing it in an instance, rifle aimed at the man. Bellamy then looks from Murphy to me, trying to maintain his brave persona but I can see in his eyes he's worried, as he scans me up and down, most likely trying to see if he's hurt me.

"Look, Murphy, you've got me now, just let Ariel go." Bellamy tries to persuade him only Murphy chuckles.

"No way."

"Murph-" Bellamy begins but Murphy then shoots the ground near me and I jump abruptly.

"I'm holding the gun here, ok? So I make the orders now, and if you don't listen I'm gonna shoot your girlfriend in the leg. And first up on the list is you're gonna tie a knot on that rope there." He instructs, pointing over to a bundle of material on the ground with his rifle.