Chapter 7

Leo's P.O.V:

8:14am

Donnie and Raph had already left. After I had finished eating my breakfast, I put Mikey's plate in the fridge. If he was hungry later on, then there would be food for him already there. I walked towards Donnie's lab since I knew he would be in there. If I was gonna tell Karai how I feel, I may as well explain to my entire family how I feel. I knocked on the door to the lab. "Come in," called out Donnie.

I entered the lab and saw that Donnie was typing something on his computer while sipping on some coffee. "Whatcha' doing there Don?" I asked.

"I'm analyzing this frequency stabilizer that Rockwell sent me last night," responded Donnie.

He pointed to a table on his left. It had a tiny object laying on top of it. As I got closer, I could tell is was rectangular and flat. It was almost like a battery. It had pink lights on the sides. It was obviously Kraang tech. "So what do you guys need a frequency stabilizer for?" I asked.

"Just making a portal tracking device. So the next time Kraang want to use a portal to come to or leave our dimension, we'll know," explained Donnie.

"So how's the progress?"

"It's actually doing fine," said Donnie, "I mean, it's gonna take a while to get it to work properly, but I'll get it done eventually."

I nodded to him. "So, uh, of course you know this, but the reason I came here to talk to you is because of something else."

Donnie stopped typing. He looked at me through the corner of his eye. "What's wrong?"

"It's about Karai," I said.

Donnie spun his chair to face me. He had his hands holding themselves on his belly. He said, "What about her?"

I began to explain everything I said to him that I said to Splinter. How I liked her, but I don't want to. "Okay, so let me get this straight," said Donnie, "You don't want to like Karai, but you do anyway?"

"Basically," I finished.

"And you're telling me this why? If you think I would have a problem with this, I don't," admitted Donnie.

"And I'm glad you don't. But if I want to tell Karai, I have to be able to tell all of you first," I explained.

"Yeah, I guess that makes sense," agreed Donnie, "But who else knows?"

I put my hand behind my neck. "Well, Raph knew for a while. I told Splinter only a few minutes ago. I still have yet to tell Mikey, though."

Donnie nodded. "I see."

There was a brief silence, but I quickly replaced it with, "So I'm gonna go now."

Donnie resumed typing on his computer. "You do that. Oh, by the way, I'm gonna be at the Mighty Mutanimals' lair later on today

I gave him a small salute. I don't know why I do that, but I just do. I entered the common room to see Raph punching the dummy that was always there. He seemed fierce with it. When he put his mind to it, he could stay focused for hours. "Hey Raph!" I yelled.

Raph gave the dummy one more punch. His body was covered in sweat. He grabbed a towel and looked in my direction. "Oh, hey Leo."

I walked to him while he wiped off the sweat from his arms and legs. "Okay, so I told Splinter and Donnie about the secret crush I have with Karai."

"Seriously?" marveled Raph.

His eyes widened in disbelief. "I never thought you would have the guts to do it."