Chapter 9

Casey's P.O.V:

1:32 pm

When we made it to my house, April and I entered through my front door while Mikey and Mondo used the window. I insisted that they use the front door since they were wearing disguises, but they just wanted to play it safe.

I opened the door to my home, and the TV in the living room was playing. My dad was watching TV. "Hey, Casey," said dad, "Where you been?"

"I was hanging out with April."

"Just hanging out?"

I nodded. My dad smirked, "Heh, sure you were. Close my door."

I closed the door and April waved at my dad. Dad waved back. "Hey Casey, where's your little sister?"

"I don't know. I guess she's at a friend's house," I replied.

Dad shrugged his shoulders and continued watching TV. I led April across the living room and into the hallway. Down the hallway was the bathroom on first door on the left, my sister's room being the second door to the left, and my room being the only door on the right. April and I entered my room where we saw Mikey and Mondo waiting for us. "How could you do this to us, Casey?" asked April.

I frowned. "Whaddya' mean?"

"I mean, how can you trick us into pulling a heist?"

"Oh come on April, I didn't want to, but Rockwell needed the disc," I explained.

"Rockwell?" asked Mondo.

"Yeah. He gave me a Kraang intel disc to protect.  He gave it to me because he knew no one would expect me to keep it safe," I explained.

"Okay. But you did fail to protect it," reminded April.

"Okay, well, I got it back. Jeez, cut me some slack. Anyways, we got it back. That's all that matters."

"What's even on it?" asked Mondo.

"Oh, just some information on how to build some tracker thingy. I'm not sure, I don't remember."

"Rockwell's portal tracker," corrected Mondo, though there was a hint of sadness.

"You okay Mondo?" asked Mikey.

Mondo sighed. He said, "I'm fine."

Mikey shrugged and began to strip of his clothes. He threw them at me. "It's gonna be a while before I wear human clothes again."

I didn't bother putting the clothes back on the hangers, so I just threw them at the closet door.

"So, when do you have to return the disc?" asked Mondo.

"Eh, right now. He asked me to return them this morning, so he's probably wondering why I didn't show up yet," I reasoned.

"Oh no. No, no, no. I think not," stated April.

I looked at her with confusion. "Why?"

"Because we didn't get to do what I wanted to do," she complained.

We all groaned. "April, please, can we just end the day for today?" I asked.

"Why? I want to do my activity now," insisted April.

"Girl, we will do yours next time, okay? But for now, let's just go give Rockwell the disc and chill," said Mondo.

April crossed her arms and huffed. "Fine. But next time, we're gonna do what I want, when I want."

We all nodded in agreement. "Mikey, put on the clothes again so we can just walk to the Mighty Mutanimal's lair and instead of rooftop jumping."

Mikey groaned.