Chapter 20 (Arc 2 beginning)

Mikey's P.O.V:

6:20 am

I yawned. I had to get up early for training. But man I wish I could sleep in. I heard a knock on my door. Leo's voice on the other side said, "Mikey, wake up. You got 10 minutes to be in the dojo. Hurry up."

I rolled my eyes. "Sure," is all I said.

I got up and shook myself to wake myself up a bit. I opened my door to feel a cool breeze come from the main room. "Oh thank the pizza gods Donnie installed an air conditioner system," I murmured.

I walked out my room and headed straight for the kitchen. I didn't have time to get the hygiene in. I'll do it after training. In the kitchen was how the usual set up was. Donnie and Raph eating breakfast, and Leo and I showing up later than them.

I decided I was in the mood for toast. I grabbed some bread and put it in the used toaster. Thankfully it wasn't broken. In the past few days, I've taught my brothers how to cook. It wasn't because I was being nice, it was because I didn't want to have to cook for them all the time. They learned quick and well.

They only cooked for themselves, which was not what I was intending. I'll deal with it anyway.

The toast popped out of the toaster and I ate them quickly. Without saying a word, we all began leaving the kitchen to go to the dojo. After doing this kind of thing for years, we all just gain some kind of telepathy where we know when to leave.

Splinter was already sitting down. "My sons, glad to see we're all awake and alive," said Splinter.

'Does that apply if you're dead inside?' I thought to myself.

I didn't say it aloud because Splinter doesn't take those jokes lightly. "Sensei!" We all responded simultaneously and sat down in front of him.

"I know most of you are tired, so we'll do this as quick as possible," drawled Splinter. I could tell he was tired just like us.

The only one who wasn't tired was Leo. But that was the norm so nobody cared. We got up and did some stretches. We were doing sparring today. "The teams are Michelangelo and Donatello vs Raphael and Leonardo."

Usually, I'd hate this team up because Leo and Raph always kicked our butts. But honestly, I was feeling a bit more confident. I had Donnie on my team which was more than enough.

"Alright Donnie, let's do this," I offered.

I told him my plan and he said he liked it. I could see Leo and Raph over there snickering.

We stood in 2 parallel lines. Leo was directly in front of me, and Raph was directly in front of Donnie.

For my plan to work, I had to strike first. So I took out my nun chucks and extended them so they were aiming for Leo's head. Leo, of course, ducked under them.

But I knew this was gonna happen, so I had Donnie use his Bo staff and swing it at Leo. This caused Leo to dodge backwards.

What Leo didn't know was that in doing that, it left Raph vulnerable to my kick to his gut. He kneeled to the ground and Donnie swung his staff upwards so it collided with Raph's face, sending him on his back.

"Alright Mikey! It's working!" praised Donnie.

Leo looked at Raph. He came to a realization. We know what we're doing. Then he started smiling. "Alright, guess I'll have to go all out."

Leo threw a kunai at me, but I used my nun chucks to slap them out the way. Apparently he threw one at Donnie at the same time, and he used his Bo staff to protect himself. Raph jumped onto his feet and attempted to punch Donnie with an uppercut, but Donnie barely backed up in time.