Chapter 12

Leo's P.O.V:

7:33 pm

"And that's what happened," finished April.

I crossed my arms. The Kraang attacked the lair. Mikey and Leatherhead were missing. And we have no idea where they went. "So what do we do?" asked Raph.

Karai and April didn't really have much to say, but I definitely did. "I already have a plan!" called out Rockwell from the Kraang ship.

We all ran to the ship. We were soon joined by Slash and Donnie. "So as of right now, we have no idea where Mikey and Leatherhead are. We know Leatherhead was taken by the Kraang, but we don't know what happened to Mikey, so we should assume he was also taken."

"Maybe we can ask Mondo when he wakes up?" asked Donnie.

"Definitely. Donnie and I will be the ones to ask Mondo what happened," I said.

"Okay, we got that covered. But that doesn't explain how we're gonna find Leatherhead and, if he's also taken, Mikey," reminded Karai.

"I have a plan for that," answered Rockwell, "We're gonna use my portal tracker. Except I'm going to fiddle with it a bit so it will track DNA instead of portals."

"Okay, okay, let me stop you right there," interrupted Slash, "You're going a little too fast. I see too many holes in this plan that we're gonna have to have a better organized setup."

"Yeah, he's right," I agreed.

"I think it would be better that way," added Donnie.

Rockwell paused for a second. "Oh, well, of course. Give me 10 minutes so that I can put everything together."

Rockwell jumped out of the ship. April followed him with the unconscious Kraang in her hand. Raph and Karai went over to Donnie who was sitting by the wall. Slash came up to me. "Hey, Leo, if it's okay, I want to join you and Donnie in asking Mondo what happened. I think it's right if I'm there, since he's part of my team. You cool with that."

I nodded my head. "Sure, you can join us. You should go to him now, and let us know when he wakes up, okay?"

Slash nodded and walked off. I headed over to Donnie. "It's okay, bro. You didn't know the Kraang were going to attack," comforted Raph.

Donnie seemed like he was going to pass out. The stress of losing Mikey must've really gotten to him. "But it's my fault. I was the one who convinced Rockwell to make the tracker without using the proper information. If we had just waited for Casey to come back with the intel disc, we would've been able to properly make the tracker. Since we did it wrong, I can only assume that frequency was a distress signal, and so the Kraang attacked when they realized it was us."

"Okay but Donnie-" began Raph, but Donnie interrupted him.

"And that signal also messed with Leatherhead. So when we had to take him down with force, it weakened him."

"Wait, what happened to Leatherhead?" I asked.

Donnie perked up. "Oh, that's right, we never told you. That signal from earlier messed with Leatherhead's head, and he went into rage mode. He was destroying everything, so we had to drop that Kraang ship on him."

Donnie pointed over to the Kraang ship that was in the middle of lair. "April used her telepathy to take him out of rage mode. But had Rockwell and I not built that machine that released that frequency, we would never have had to hurt Leatherhead, and he wouldn't have been weak whilst fighting the Kraang. That's why he was captured. As for Mikey..."

Donnie took a pause. "So... you gonna tell us?" asked Karai.

"Um, I... no, I don't know what was going on with him," asserted Donnie, "All I know is that everything that's happened is my fault. From building that machine to losing Mikey and Leatherhead."