Chapter 8

Mikey's P.O.V:

8:56 am

As we were on the rooftops, we heard April yell, "Guys, wait up!"

Mondo was skateboarding fast while I was running just to stay with him. April was only barely keeping up. Mondo did a kickback flip and landed perfectly. I whooped at Mondo. "Nice one, Mondo."

Mondo smiled. "Thanks. I didn't think I could do it."

"Are you kidding? It looked like you already mastered that move," I assured.

April managed to run up next to us. "Yeah, Mondo, that kickback was amazing."

Before we could continue the conversation, we all saw the rooftop was coming to an end. I jumped at the last second using all the force from my knees and managed to do a somersault when I landed. I looked to my left to see that April and Mondo also got to the other side safely. "Yeah, but sometimes I kind of doubt myself," continued Mondo. We started running while he skated.

April looked at me, then at Mondo. "Mondo, you do a lot of dumb things. But doubting your skateboarding skills? That's gotta be one of the dumbest."

Mondo frowned. "I'm not sure if I should be flattered or offended."

"Whatever floats your boat," answered April.

Mondo put his hands up in defeat. "Can you show us another move, Mondo?" I asked.

"I'll try."

As we approached the ending of the next building, Mondo did a huge Big-spin and spun a whole 360 to the next building. 

April and I were so shocked that we had to stop running. Mondo eyes were wide and his mouth was gawping. It was silent for a minute or so, then April and I started cheering him on. Mondo stepped off his skateboard and sat on the ground. He was laughing. We jumped over to the next building. "That was crazy!" exclaimed Mondo.

April and I smiled. "How did I do that?" questioned Mondo.

"You tell us," I responded.

"See Mondo, you don't have to be so insecure about your skateboarding. You're already super good at it."

Mondo smiled. "You know, maybe I should consider being nice to myself more often."

I held out my hand and he grabbed it. As I lifted him up, he said, "We've been doing this for long enough, let's do something else."

"Mikey, what do you think?" April asked.

I thought for a second. "Oh, let's go bother Casey."

We all grew mischievous smiles on our faces.

-----------

9:24 am

We had reached the apartment building Casey lived in. It was a 3 story high building. It had four floors. Each floor was a whole apartment. Casey lived in the second floor. His room had a window that was facing the street. That window also had a tiny balcony. It didn't have any bars or railings since it was never made to be a balcony; more of a roof for the first floor. Nonetheless, we hung out there whenever we just wanted to talk. But this time, it was gonna be used to mess with Casey.

April was on the sidewalk in front of the building while Mondo and I were at the roof. It was early in the morning during summer vacation, it was very likely that kids would pass by, so we had to be extra careful in the morning. 

April was playing with a few pebbles in her hand while Mondo and I were holding a bucket of cold water. We got the bucket and cold water from April's house. We looked down at April who was texting on her phone. My T-phone got a notification. "You guys ready?"