Chapter 14

Donnie's P.O.V:

8:00 pm

I was sitting down in a chair, twiddling my fingers, with Raph patting my back. Raph, Karai, April, Mondo, Slash, Leo, and I were sitting down at the mobile benches in the Cafeteria. I was getting a little angsty waiting for the plan. Rockwell was getting everything ready, but Raph saw how I was feeling, so he sat by me to comfort me. I really appreciated that.

Seconds later, we saw Rockwell enter the room with two small objects in his hand. "Hey Rockwell, you ready?" asked Slash.

"Yes, just give me a second," replied Rockwell as he put the two small objects on the floor in front of us.

He clicked both of them, and it emitted a screen. It was holographic technology. I remember helping him start it, but I never saw him finish it.

Everyone seemed too be amazed. Rockwell put a neuro-chip on his glabella and began talking. "Hello everyone, I think we all know why we're here, so I'll just cut straight to the chase."

Rockwell closed his eyes and focused. His thoughts popped up on the holographic screen. Again, everyone seemed in awe. But not me, since I work with this kind of tech on a regular basis.

The screen showed a list of steps Rockwell created. Rockwell cleared his throat, "Step 1: Reach the Channel 6 building."

I nodded. "Step 2: Hook the portal tracker to the large antenna on top of the building."

"That'll be easy," commented April.

Rockwell didn't look like he agreed. "Here's a little bit of context though. And also a little bit of a problem. I tinkered with the tracker a little bit, so now instead of tracking Kraang portals, it tracks DNA."

I frowned. 'A DNA tracker?' I thought, 'That's doesn't seem okay to have. But it's to save Mikey, so I'm on board.'

Rockwell continued. "But in order to track them down, I need something that might have their DNA on it. We already have something for Leatherhead, but DNA from Michelangelo is still in order. So someone needs to go back to the sewer lair and retrieve something."

I remembered something from earlier. "Wait a sec, we don't need to go to the lair, I think Mikey left his stuff here."

I got up and went into the kitchen. Sure enough, the objects that April pointed out earlier was still there. It was Mikey's phone, nunchucks, and Casey's clothes. I picked them all up and headed back into the cafeteria room.

"Is this enough?" I asked dropping the objects on the table.

Rockwell took a small inspection of Mikey's nunchucks, "Hm, yes, this should do it. Can someone please take this to my lab?"

"I got it," offered Raph.

Raph got up from his seat while I sat back down. Rockwell continued. "Well, now that we have that out of the way, let's move on. Step 3: Calculate location of Michelangelo and Leatherhead. So far, that's all I have. But once we know where they are, we can organize a rescue mission."

Rockwell took a bow, implying that he had fully finished his explanation. We all clapped out of respect. Slash spoke up, "Now, all we need to do is prepare. Everyone, get back to your homes and be ready. Tonight, a few of us will put the DNA on the Channel 6 News tower. Then tomorrow, we'll formulate a plan to save our friends."

I perked up. "Wait, tomorrow? No, we have to save them now!"

Leo went beside me to calm me down. "Hey, bro, it's okay. Look, we can't save them right now. Do you want to go in guns blazing? Huh? And risk getting Leatherhead and Mikey hurt? No, you don't. So we need to make a careful plan, which means we need time."