Chapter 1 - the day of the death

Earth, 1988

Young Peter and his younger sister, (Y/N), was sitting and waiting patiently in the waiting room. Young Peter kept on looking to the ground as young (Y/N) looks at her little laps and played with her fingers, fiddling it and interwined it together.

Young Peter was listening to the "Awesome Mix" tape in his Walkman as his younger sister just stood beside him silently. After what it seemed like minutes, their grandpa walked in front of them and kneeled in front of them at their levels.

"Peter, (Y/N),  your mama wants to speak with you both" their grandpa told them. Young (Y/N) was about to stood up but stopped when she sees her brother isn't responding and still staring at the ground. Their grandpa sighed. "Come on, Pete. Take these fool things off"

Their grandpa said, taking off young Peter's headphone off him and turned off the Walkman while he gently sets it down. He grabbed young Peter's arm to make him stood up on his feet, which young Peter did.

Before young Peter enters his mother's room, he grabbed young (Y/N) little hand and pulled her in with him. Young (Y/N) didn't say anything and instead, she just followed her brother's steps.

Young Peter and (Y/N) just walked without speak a word to anyone. They both stopped beside their mother's bed, looking at her sick and dying body. Young (Y/N) felt like she's tearing up but held it in.

 "Why have you been fighting with the other boys again, baby?" the mother asked young Peter, notices his bruised eye. 

 Young Peter just shrugged his shoulders at his mother as an answer. Young (Y/N) nudged his shoulder from his side.

"Peter?" his mother called out to him again.

Young Peter didn't say anything for a few seconds then gave in.

"They killed a little frog that ain't done nothin'. Smushed it with a stick" answered young Peter to his sick mother.

His mother smiled softly at him then turned her gaze at young (Y/N).

"(Y/N), angel.." the mother called out the girl.

She flinched when she heard her name was being called out of the sudden. Her brother nudges her from her side, making her walked forward to her dying mother.

"How did you get those scars, honey?" the mother asked, sickly.

Young (Y/N) looks at her scratched elbows and knees, sighed after. She looked back at her mother once again.

"I tried t-to stop the fight. But I was ended up on the ground" she confessed, stuttered and afraid that her mother will scold her like she always do.

Their mother just smiled weakly at them, knowing how brave her children were. She was't angry or anything, just proud at their right actions.

"You both are so like your daddy. You both even look like him. And he was an angel. Composed of pure light" the mother told them.

Their mother closes her eyes for a moment, trying to rest a bit. 

"Mer? You got a present there for Peter and (Y/N), don't you?" her father reminded her. 

She opened her eyes once again at the sudden realization. 

"Of course" the mother said.

She touches weakly at the present and a card beside her, softly brushing it. The grandpa took it from her grasp, shoving it into young Peter's backpack.

"There. I've got you covered, Pete" the old man told young Peter as he patted him.

Young Peter just stood there in silent, not answering his grandpa.

"You open it up when I'm gone, okay? Your grandpa is gonna take such good care of you" the mother reminded both of the young Quills.

Young Peter starting to teared up as young (Y/N) released a tear which rolled down her cheek and landed silently on the ground.

 "At least until your daddy comes back to get you both" the mother continues. 

She then held out her hand weakly to the both young Quills.

"Take my hand" the mother opens her hand but the Quills looking away from their dying figure, rejecting the awful offer.

"Peter.. (Y/N).." she called out to the both of her children.

Both of the young Quills begins to cries softly as young (Y/N) turned her body away from her mother, not wanting to see how it will end. Young (Y/N) wanted to be strong for her mother but she broke down. She just can't accept the truth.

"Pete, (Y/N).. Come on" their grandpa gestures them to take their mother's hand.

Both of them still looking away, crying badly.

"Take my hand" she said as her heartbeats stopped.

Young Peter and (Y/N)'s eyes widened, looking at their breathless mother. They began to shout and yell, calling out their mother.

"Mom? No! No! No! No! Mom! No!" the young Quills said in unison.

Young Peter shakes his mother violently to make her open her eyes once again, but she doesn't. The grandpa carries the young Quills out of the room as the doctors began to ran into their mother's room. 

Young Peter struggles and still shouting out for his mother. Young (Y/N) kept on smacking her grandpa to let her go.

Once the grandpa sets down the young Quills who are still shouting and calling out their mother, young Peter still shouting as young (Y/N) smacks her grandpa again and again.

"You both got to stay here. Please" the grandpa enters the room once again, helping out the doctors and nurses.

"No..."  young Peter whispered.

Soon, young Peter grabbed his crying younger sister by her wrist and went ran outside. They both ran and ran until young Peter accidentally tripped, making his younger sister fell on her scratched knees.

"No.." young Peter whispered while sobbing softly, looking at the ground. 

Young (Y/N) caught something in her eyes and looked at the sky. When her cryings stopped, she soon realized what it was. She gripped her brother's shirt and began to pulled it many time to get his attention.

Young Peter looked at young (Y/N) who was looking at the sky strangely. Young Peter decided to looked up as his eyes widened when he saw a spaceship above them.

The spaceship began to abducts the both young Quills as their eyes went wide when they saw apart of their body parts has turned into light. The last word they said before leaving Earth, their home, was...

"MOM!!!"

Soon, their body wasn't on Earth anymore.