Chapter 13 - the victory

"You did it!" (Y/N) cheered, smiling widely.

Everyone looked at each other with their happy faces on. When they looked back at Ronan, they faces fell. Ronan stood up with his hammer in his hand. Their eyes widened.

Ronan rose his hammer and used his power from the stone to made the group stumbled back. Drax stood up and ran to attack him but Ronan grabbed him by his throat and chocked him in the air. 

Ronan smiled evily and began to speak.

" I was mistaken, I do remember your family. Their screams were pitiful. I-" 

Rocket then crashes the Milano into the bridge and seemingly destroys Ronan, the group then huddles together as the ship starts to plummet. 

(Y/N) ran to the Milano and found that Rocket was unconcious in his pilot seat. (Y/N) got near him and carried him in her arms and went out of the Milano and catches up with her friends.

The ship began to shook violently, making others fell to the ground. Without anyone noticed, Groot began to extent his roots and build a shield around his friends, protecting them.

Everyone looked at him in shocked and sadness. Rocket woke up and saw what Groot was doing and approaches his face and cupped Groot's cheeks in his hands.

"No, groot! You can't, you'll die. Why are you doing this? Why?" Rocket said, tears were rolling down his face.

Groot smiled innocently and looked at everyone, his friends and is so called family.

"We are Groot" he said.

The ship crashes, exploded into pieces. Everyone closes their eyes shut tight and embraced the impact.

When they woke up, they found themselves on the hard ground. Pain were aching all over their body parts. Everyone looked around and saw that everyone survived but one. 

Groot.

They all looked down in sadness. (Y/N) caught something in her eyes and saw that Rocket was crying while holding a stick close to him.

(Y/N) made her way to him and sat beside him. 

"I called him an idiot..." Rocket admits and cried harder.

(Y/N) looked at Rocket in sadness.

"He knew that his best friend would never mean that. He's Groot. He's wiser than you think" she said, comforting him.

Rocket looked up to her and looked behind her. (Y/N) took a few seconds before looking at her back. Rocket stood up from his seat.

"You killed Groot!" Rocket yelled and attack Ronan.

Ronan used his power and made Rocket flew backwards and landed on the hard ground.

"Rocket!!" (Y/N) shouted.

Ronan put his hand wide opened.

"Behold! You're Guardians of the Galaxy! What fruit have they wrought? Only that my father and his father shall finally know vengeance. People of Xandar, the time has come to rejoice and renounce your paltry gods! Your salvation is at hand" Ronan said.

Peter then started to sing Ooh-ooh Child and started doing some moves.

 "Ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier. Ooh-oo child, things'll get brighter" Peter sang.

Everyone looked at him weirdly including Ronan. (Y/N) looked around and saw Rocket was building some stuffs from the junks from the crash. (Y/N) then understood.