Chapter 14 - the end

Nova Headquarters

The Guardians of the Galaxy was standing around a table which revealed a hologram of Peter and (Y/N)'s inner systems. 

"Why would you even know this?" Peter asked Nova Prime.

"When we arrested you, we noticed an anomaly in your nervous system, so we had it checked out" Nova Prime explained.

"We're not Terran?" (Y/N) asked this time, beside Peter.

"You both are half Terran. Your mother was of earth. Your father, well, he's something very ancient we've never seen here before" Nova Prime stated.

"That could be why you both were able to hold the stone for as long as you did" Gamora said, understanding the situation.

A door then were opened which revealed Drax, Rocket and Groot in a pot.

"Your friends have arrived. On behalf of the Nova Corps, we'd like to express our profound gratitude for your help in saving Xandar. If you will follow Denarian Dey, he has something to show you" Nova Prime said.

They all looked at Dey who was smiling before looking back at Nova Prime. They all thanked her after and followed Dey somewhere to collect the price.

"Your wife and child shall rest well knowing that you have avenged them" Gamora said to Drax, walking and following the others.

"Yes. Of course, Ronan was only a puppet. It's really Thanos I need to kill" Drax said, making Gamora looked at him and gave him a 'seriously' face.

When they opened a door which led them to outside, their eyes widened, especially (Y/N) and Peter's.

They all saw Milano that was crashed has already been fixed and renew. The Milano looked all shining and sparkly new. Like nothing have ever happened to it.

" Wow. I..." Peter was speechless.

"Thank you" (Y/N) said with a huge smile plastered on her face.

Dey smiled back at them.

"I have a family who are alive because of you. Your criminal records have also been expunged. However, I have to warn you against breaking any laws in the future" he said.

Their smiles widened.

"Question. What if I see something that I want to take, and it belongs to someone else?" Rocket asked dumbly at Dey.

"What the heck?" (Y/N) said under her breaths.

" Well you will be arrested" Dey told Rocket.

"But what if I want it more than the person who has it?"

"Still illegal"

"That doesn't follow. No, I want it more, sir. Do you understand?" Rocket said, making (Y/N) and Gamora laughed in unison. "What are you laughing at? Why? I can't have a discussion with this gentleman?" 

They laughed again as they head to the new looking Milano. Rocket followed behind. Leaving Peter talked alone with Dey.

"Hey (Y/N).." Rocket called.

(Y/N) turned back and looked at him. She smiled sweetly, making Rocket's heart beating faster than it should.

"You danced pretty well when you tried to distract Ronan's attention" Rocket complimented.

(Y/N)'s cheeks heated up and her smile widened.

"Thanks, it's natural" she replied, making both laughed.

There was a pause for a while before Rocket broke it.

"I'm sorry" he apologised to her.

"For what?" she giggled.

"For yelling at you, back at the prison. I knew that you were trying to help. I shouldn't have yelled" Rocket admits.

(Y/N)'s smiles fell. She then kneeled down to his eye level before smiling once again.

"No, it's my fault. I shouldn't messing around while you working. So, it's technically my fault.." she said to him.

Rocket then put a smirk on his face.

"You kidding me? We could've die if I was still hacking. You did it within seconds while I took of minutes to get it done" Rocket confessed.

(Y/N) giggled and looked down to her feet. Her giggles slowly faded.

"You know.." (Y/N) started, looking back to Rocket's eyes. "If people calls you a monster, just remember that I didn't think so. And I will never will" 

Rocket just stared at the smiling (Y/N) as she stared back at him. The silence was comfortable. Until..

"Okay okay, enough flirting and get into Milano already" Peter said, walked pass them.

(Y/N) and Rocket blushed furiously and looked away, not making any eye contacts with each other. (Y/N) stood up and got in the Milano with Rocket followed after.

Peter and (Y/N) sat on Peter's bed, looking at the present that their mom gave before she left the world.

(Y/N) felt herself tearing up when she read the letter that their mom gave to them.

"Peter, (Y/N), I know these last few months have been hard for you. But I'm going to a better place and I will be okay. And I will always be with you. You are the light of my life. My precious son. My little Star-Lord and Iris. Love, mom"

After the Quills read it, Peter torned the paper wrapped carefully and revealed antoher 'Awesome Mixtape' in it. Peter then put the tape in the cassette player and sat back down as the music started.

The Quills just stared at the wall as the cassette plays a song called as Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell. (Y/N) stood up and went to the deck to pilot, leaving the dear brother listening to the sad song.

When (Y/N) just sat on her chair and prepared herself to pilot, she heard a cute and soft yawn. She turned around and looked at little Groot who just woke up.

(Y/N) looked up to see that Rocket was smiling widely. This made (Y/N) smiled also. Rocket then caught that (Y/N) stared at him. (Y/N) flinched when she got caught and looked to the front again, blushing madly.

Peter entered with a smile which made the others smile also.

"So, what should we do next? Something good? Something bad? A bit of both?" Peter asked the others while (Y/N) was ready to take off.

"We'll follow your lead, Star-Lord" Gamora replied.

The Quills smiled. (Y/N) pulled a lever back and then front, taking over the ship. Ready to pilot the ship away for another adventure together with the people she love.

"Bit of both!" Quills said in unison.