Chapter 4 - the hunt

Xandar

"Xandarians. What a bunch of losers" Rocket starts while spying on other Xandarians. "All of them in a big hurry to get from something stupid, to nothing at all. Pathetic" he said.

He looks around.

"Look at this guy! Can you believe they call us criminals, when he's assaulting us with that haircut?" he said, referring to the Xandarian man with short blond hair walking on the sidewalk.

He looks around again and spotted a Xandarian kid.

"What is thing? Look how it thinks it's so cool. It's not cool to get help! Walk by yourself, little gargoyle" he yelled but no one heard him as he referring to the small Xandarian child getting help whilst walking.

He looks around again and spotted an old Xandarian man, flirting with a young and pretty woman.

"Look at Mr. Smiles over here. Where's your wife, old man? What a class-A pervert" he said, referring to the older Xandarian man chatting up a pretty woman, flirting.

He laughs at his own jokes.

"Right, Groot?" no response was given to him. "Groot?" he turns just to see Groot drinking water nearby fountain. 

"Don't drink that fountain water, you idiot. That's disgusting!" Rocket said, making a disgusted face.

Groot shakes is head, pretending he didn't drink it.

"Yes, you did. I just saw you doing it. Why are you lying?" Rocket said while swaying his hands open from his sides. 

Groot just look down, ashamed.

Rocket's tablet starts beeping, warning a him of a human sighting. Rocket's smile widened as he checked his tablet. 

"Whoop. Looks like we got one. Okay, humie, how bad does someone want to find you?" he said to himself while grinning like an idiot.

His tablet shows Peter talking to Bereet, (Y/N) wasn't in sight. Rocket sees that there's a  bounty on Peter. His eyes widened wide opened.

"40,000 units?! Groot, we're gonna be rich!!" Rocket cheered but stopped when he sees Groot drink the water fountain again. 

Rocket sighed and shakes his head. Thinking how idiot his partner could be.

Then, Rocket's tablet began to beeping again. Rocket pulled up his tablet in front of his face and saw (Y/N) walked towards Peter and Bereet, handing them some drinks.

"Another 40,000 units?! Groot, we're gonna be double rich!" he cheered, ignoring Groot who was still drinking the water fountain.

But Rocket hasn't stopped watching his tablet. Not because of the bounts. Not because of the prices. It's because of (Y/N).

He somehow just can't take his eyes of her. There's something about her that made Rocket felt something. Rocket himself, couldn't figure what it was so he just shrugged it off and made some preparations.

 Later

Peter and (Y/N) enters a shop in Xandar and are greeted by the Broker, the owner of the place.

"Mr. Quill" the Broker spoke, greeted Peter. He turned to you. "Ms. Quill"

"Broker. The orb" Peter said, holding out the orb and places it on the counter in front of the Broker. "As commissioned" Peter said happily.