What Truth The Mirror Holds

"What are you talking about, Pit?"

"Markus doesn't lie, Lady Palutena! There's something or someone that's still making Underworld monsters. He isn't crazy, he knew what he was saying! And if you think logically, it's not like the troops are dying anyways! The quantity seems to be staying the same, if not increasing!"

This was one of the few times Pit ever argued with Palutena. They seriously never argued. It was very rare to hear both of their loud voice being hurled at each other with great force. The centurions, still waiting for their duties today, just stood behind and glanced from the angel to the goddess, staying behind the scenes and not wanting to get involved. Nobody ever liked to make Pit angry, let alone a goddess like Palutena.

"They've been going on about this for seven minutes," one of the centurions muttered under his breath to the others. "When are they going to stop?"

"It's stupid," a bulkier centurion grumbled. "I don't even know my duties for today because of this argument."

Pit felt tears rise in his eyes due to frustration. He was just not getting through to Palutena, but he still couldn't give up. This was a life and death situation, and Pit had to get to the bottom of all this! "I was going to the library to read more about the Mirror of Truth," he shot back. "I have a hunch there's something up with it. I'm going to take Pittoo with me."

Palutena's green eyes perked up when she heard the mirror from years ago mentioned. Her eyes then softened of their anger and surprise as she came into realization that Pit had a very good point. She sighed and gave in, giving Pit a smile. Pit relaxed as he saw Palutena's softened expression, believing he had finally gotten through to her.

"The Mirror of Truth?" she asked softly.

"I've been thinking about it all last night," Pit rambled quickly. "I hardly got any sleep because I was trying to think of what this could be. And my theory is that there is still a mirror or something out there to duplicate monsters and someone is behind it, making the new troops. Hades is dead, isn't he? Then who would be using souls to make new monsters, right?"

"You have a very valid point, Pit," Palutena said. "I'm sorry for yelling at you."

"I'm sorry too, Lady Palutena." The shorter angel wrapped his arms around Palutena and rested his head on her shoulder.

"Way to use your brain, Pit! I'm sure we're gonna get to the bottom of this."

"It's about time," one of the centurions said with a grumble.

"Oh!" Palutena gasped. "How long were you guys here?"

"We came here so we could find out our duties for today, but you two were busy arguing. It just kept going on and on."

Palutena's face flushed red in embarrassment. "Oh, Heavens. . ." she sighed. "I'm sorry, everybody. I will be right with you! And you, Pit," she turned to the small angel and ruffled his brunette hair kindly, "will go to the library and find out all that you can! Pittoo can help you, too. I'm sure he must know something about the Mirror of Truth.

"Understood, Lady Palutena!" Pit saluted.

"I have great faith in you." As a mother would, never wanting to let go of their precious child, Palutena gave Pit one last squeeze, not letting him go for a whole minute. "One last hug," she said gently, just to him.

"Okay, Lady Palutena," Pit laughed. "I'm ready to go."
Palutena finally let go and Pit chose his weapon. He grasped the golden angel bow in his hands, ready to shoot pink heart shaped arrows at any monster or Force of Nature willing to attack him. The goddess opened up a door to the sky, closer to Viridi's domain so that Pit wouldn't have to fly as far. Pit felt his heart sink as his eyebrows wrinkled in annoyance.