Potential Ending

“Goddammit!”

“I know, hon, I know. Just try to hang in there a little while longer. I need to put a few more bandages on so it's completely covered.”

Pit was back at Palutena’s temple upon being extracted from the dormant volcano. He had told the goddess of light what had happened to Pandora, about how she was possessed by an unclean spirit and still in charge of the Mirror of Truth, which was now no more. Palutena had suggested what the demon could have been--a nightmare spirit. She didn’t seem to have much information about nightmare spirits, though. It seemed like a big deal if it had the power to control a powerful god, so Pit was to stay alert for anything suspicious that seemed related to what had happened.

Meanwhile, Pit was busy attending to Pittoo, healing his wounded arm from Pandora’s sharp blade. The pain had dulled down a bit, but still seeped of some blood which made the gash easier to become infected. Dried blood that dripped down from the cut caked his arm, painting it a rustic bronze color. From contact with another object, in this case being a small, wet rag which Pit used to clean the gash, the open, bloody flesh stung to no end. The stinging is what caused the wound to release throbbing pain once more. Pit was there for Pittoo to hold onto tightly as he cleaned the wound, hopefully taking away some of the pain. Now that the gash was washed and only oozing of tiny amounts of blood, Pit was applying bandages, now onto the third application. The injury was so deep that this many bandages was entirely necessary.

“Fuck,” Pittoo hissed, speaking through clenched teeth. The pain on his forearm was only getting worse.

“It's alright, sweetheart. . .,” Pit comforted, kissing Pittoo’s forehead and cutting the bandage where he wanted to stop. “There. I'm done. It's going to sting for a while, but maybe we can take a trip to the hot spring after you check in with Viridi.”

“Thank you, Pit.”

The brunette arched a brow. “For what?” he asked Pittoo.

“For showing me kindness and love when I needed it. In all honesty, I had absolutely no respect for you the day I was freed from that dimension. But as I slowly started to know you, I saw how kindhearted and heroic you were. And that, Pit, is why I admired you. And your selfless sacrifices are why I love you. I've never loved anybody how I love you.”

“Pittoo. . .”

“Thanks to you, I am driftwood found. Now, please, kiss me.”

Pit gently closed his misty blue eyes and leaned into Pittoo, kissing him on the lips. As they kissed, a smile formed on Pit’s lips as he entered his peace of mind. He had a great boyfriend whom he always seemed to have always crush on and finally have him for his own, he had accomplished missions with his friends for the first time and served a loving goddess.

Man, he was one happy angel.

-

“I can't believe I was reduced to something as weak as this! I was once so powerful, the cream of the crop, and now I don't even have my godly powers anymore! But maybe, just maybe, in this form, I can still find a way to become a god once more. Let’s see. . .

“Ten souls. I need ten. So far I have three obtained. All it takes is seven more and then my ultimate powers shall rise once more! I guess I'll go for the pathetic crow first. His soul seems like easy game seeing as how self conscious and depressed he is. That’ll make him very vulnerable to nightmares and he won’t be able to take it. He’ll kill himself within the first week and I'll get my powers back in no time.

"It's showtime!!"

--END--